CSIR inviting nominations for Young Scientist Awards 2018
The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) invites nominations for CSIR Young Scientist (YS) Awards for the year 2018. The awards are to be given for research contributions made primarily in India. The nominee should be a regular Scientist (as per CSRAP Rules) of CSIR system and should have joined the CSIR laboratory on or prior to 26th September 2017. The age of the nominee should not be more than 35 years as on 26th September 2017.
The YS Awards are given annually in the following disciplines:
(1) Biological Sciences,
(2) Chemical Sciences,
(3) Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences,
(4) Engineering Sciences, and
(5) Physical Sciences (including instrumentation).
The YS Award comprises a citation, a cash award of Rs 50,000(Rupees fifty thousand only), and a plaque.
The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) introduced, in 1987, a scheme of Awards for Young Scientists in CSIR system in order to promote excellence in various fields of science and technology. These Awards are known as “CSIR Young Scientist Awards”.
1) The Awards are given annually in the following fields:
i) Biological Sciences,
ii) Chemical Sciences, iii) Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences,
iv) Engineering Sciences v) Physical Sciences (including instrumentation)
2) Each award consists of a citation (signed by the Director General, CSIR and the Vice-President, CSIR), a cash prize of Rs.50000 (Rupees fifty thousand) and a plaque.
3) Awardees are entitled to a Special Honorarium of Rs 7500/- (Rupees seven thousand five hundred) per month till the age of 45 years. This incentive shall be admissible as long as the recipient remains in the service of CSIR.
4) Research grant of Rs 25 lakh (Rupees twenty five lakh) over a period of five years, is also given, which is normally to the tune of Rs 5 lakh per annum per CSIR Young Scientist Awardee.
5) Promoting excellence and recognising outstanding contributions made by the young CSIR scientists for their work done primarily in India during the last five years preceding the year of the Award.
7) Any scientist, engaged in research work in any of the CSIR laboratories/institutes, who is not more than 35 years of age, as reckoned on 26 September (CSIR Foundation Day) of the preceding year, is eligible for the Award.
8) Nominee should be a regular scientific staff of CSIR system and should have joined the CSIR laboratory on or prior to 26 September of the previous year.
9) Directors/ Chairperson of Research Councils / Bhatnagar Awardees can propose nominations only of scientists belonging to the CSIR laboratories/ institutes with which they are associated. Each of them can send normally a maximum of two nominations in each discipline.
Information regarding the nominations should be sent as per the prescribed proforma (WORD / PDF Format) on or before the closing date (as notified every year). The details of the award and prescribed proforma for nomination can be downloaded from website: www.csirhrdg.res.in
10) Duly approved Advisory Committees (comprising of atleast one Bhatnagar Awardee in each committee) will be constituted in the above-mentioned five fields for making selections for the “CSIR Young Scientist Awards”.
Find More Info Go Next Page...