Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences (DRILS) is a not for profit Research Institute with a mission to be the preferred research partner to the pharma and life sciences industry. DRILS focuses on original research and advancement of relevant skills, with emphasis on solution-oriented interdisciplinary research both for solving unmet needs as well as process innovation.
Post : Facility administrator
Qualification : Master’s degree in Life sciences, Veterinary sciences or Bachelor’s degree in Life/Vet sciences with >2 years’ experience in a lab environment. Strong work ethic, organizational skills and attention to detail, strong communication and time management skills, and ability to work as part of a team, a must. Prior experience with zebrafish husbandry or other similar aquaculture experience is preferred. Molecular biology experience (PCR) and/ microscopy are also desired, but not required.
• Training will be provided for technical aspects of the job. Significant career growth is possible for a suitable candidate, as the facility grows.
• This is not a fully research oriented position, therefore Ph.D. aspirants are requested NOT to apply.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Maintaining a colony of zebrafish (up to 100 tanks and 5,000 fish total) including fish food preparation, daily feeding and monitoring; keeping tanks and the fish rooms clean and in good working order; fish health assessment and quarantine procedures (assisted by the lab technician)
• Water quality management, daily monitoring and periodic thorough maintenance and cleaning (assisted by the lab technician)
• Maintenance of zebrafish stocks by setting up breeding, genotyping, screening mutant and transgenic lines.
• Routine breeding of fish for embryo generation and assistance with drug screening experiments.
• Fish system and fish database management for lines, periodic breeding, nursery care and ordering of supplies and materials for the fish facility.
• Training undergraduate assistants and other lab members in fish husbandry.
• Administrative work required for the Institutional Animal ethics committee meetings, and organization of fish import and export from and to stock centers and other institutions.
• Setup of genetic crosses and providing support for ongoing experiments by tissue sampling, genotyping, immunohistochemistry and imaging.
• Other duties may be required as necessary. Training will be provided as needed. Occasional weekend and holiday work is required.
Hours : 9AM-6PM, 5 days a week, full time
Qualified and interested candidates may send their curriculum vitae by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with job codes.
Last Date : 15-03-2021
See All Other Jobs in our Database