Job opening for Production Head at Abbott India
Abbott India Limited is a subsidiary of Abbott Laboratories, USA, a global, iversified health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceutical, diagnostic, nutritional and hospital products. The company now employs approximately 70,000 people and markets its products in 130 countries worldwide.
Post : Head - Production
Role & Responsibility :
• Achievement of the budgeted VOLUME DELIVERY of products across all categories (solid oral / liquid oral).
• Follow weekly production PLAN ADHERENCE at product and sku level (OTIF delivery).
• Ensure RFT score greater than 95% and identify gaps for non-delivery and then spearhead process changes.
• Ensure YIELD targets are met as per annual budget commitment. Prepare Waste map and close gaps.
• Ensure manpower productivity numbers – man hours / machine and batch cycle time targets are achieved.
• Compliance to laid standard of the cGMP - Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Exposure to Domestic Markets and audits by State FDA/ WHO Local compliance for production practices.
• Aggressively drive a culture to contain issues pertaining to DATA INTEGRITY in shop floor practices.
• Exposure to UNIONIZED Environment and handling workforce strength greater than 150 operators.
• Lead BEHAVIOURAL change management agenda and drive BBS and BBQ on shop floor.
• Co-ordination for installation, qualification and validation activities as per Master Validation Plan.
• Review of standard operating procedure, master documents of production and batch documents, etc.
• Investigate and take appropriate action in case of any process deviation, non-compliance, market complaints, product failure, product recall.
• Ensure effective control over the environmental conditions in manufacturing and other related activities which may adversely affect the product quality.
• Prepare plans for man/equipment management.
• Co-ordination with engineering for effective implementation of Engineering systems for preventive maintenance and achieve higher MTBF and lower MTTR for critical machines.
• Budget monitoring and control for production consumables and change parts management.
• People management (responsibility for leading, motivating, training and developing the subordinates).
• Set annual goals for the team, monitor performance and provide constructive feedback for continuous improved performance. Identify the training needs of the team and ensure the fulfillment.
• Internal and external co-ordination (specify type/reason of co-ordination) – R&D projects for new products and technical transfer of existing products from other locations.
• Strong Leadership skills (Strategic thinking) – provides direction basis business manufacturing strategy
• Decision Driver – provides resolution to contingent issues and manage conflicts in a constructive manner.
• Communication skills – articulate business goals that are clearly understood by shop floor executives to deliver the same in a unionized environment.
• Exceptional Organizational skills – able to steer and govern multiple projects and guide the team without any compromise on safety and quality. Deliver on time within budgeted cost / manpower commitment.
• Collaborative Workforce management and Assertive Transformational leadership (visible as Role Model)
• Response management (internal customer orientation); Stakeholder management (I&D, MS&T)
• Working in ambiguous environment and hence adaptability to change.
• Work in cross functional teams and able to Influence by virtue of technical knowledge (inter-personal skills)
• Strong Work ethics (business ethics and code of conduct).
• Bachelors in Pharmacy / Management in Operations (Optional)
• 15-20 years experience of handling Production Department in large pharmaceutical MNC
• Experience of handling complex environment with large teams
• In-depth technical analysis – product and process issues in day to day manufacturing
• Structured problem solving – use tools like 5WH, Why-Why analysis, Pareto analysis and FMEA
• Diagnostic efficiency – use tools like DMAIC approach for structured diagnostics by Production team
• Manpower Productivity – labor hours / machine hours computation
• Project management – internalization projects using in-house resources (PMO); develop smart goals and robust governance mechanism
• Business Acumen – cost benefit analysis / technical due diligence
• Product Know how – in-depth knowledge of OSD (Tablet manufacturing processes that cover granulation, compression, coating, automatic inspection machines and packing formats viz. blister, strip and bottle packs.)
• Production Efficiency – Line throughput per day, line utilization per day, manpower productivity per day, yield for each product, waste map for each product, line break down management etc.
Qualification : B.Pharm
Location : Goa
Industry Type : Pharma / Healthcare / Clinical research
Job ID : 30947899
End Date : 30th March, 2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database