National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (NIRRH), formerly known as Institute for Research in Reproduction is a premier research institute of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). It is situated in the vicinity of a number of hospitals and research institutes in central Mumbai. Since its inception in 1970, it has been making vigorous efforts to improve the reproductive health of people through research, education and health care services.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Title of project: Identification and Validation of potential drug targets for infectious diseases using in silico and wet lab methods” funded by SERB, DST.
Stipend : Rs. 25,000/- + 30% HRA OR Rs. 12,000/- + 30% HRA
Essential qualification : Post Graduate Degree in Life Sciences / Bioinformatics /Pharmacology/ Chemistry / any other relevant area of Biology with NET* qualification or Graduate Degree in Professional Course with NET* qualification or Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course. OR Post graduate degree in Life Sciences / Bioinformatics / Pharmacology / Chemistry / any other relevant area of Biology without NET
Desirable : Good knowledge of protein structures, docking, MD simulations, programing languages such as R, Python etc.
Age Limit : 28 Years
Duration : One Year
*National Eligibility Test (NET), CSIR-UGC/JAM/GPAT/GATE/JEST/JGEEBILS/NBHM Ph.D. scholarship screening test/ICMR JRF/ICAR-AICE/ Biotechnology Eligibility Test & Test conducted in Bioinformatics by Bioinformatics National Consortium qualified with academic year validity are eligible to get Rs.25,000/- plus 30% HRA.
1. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD Candidates will be as per the government rules. Woman candidates would be given 5 yrs age relaxation.
2. Qualification/degree should be from a reputed Institution/University.
3. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification/experience does not guarantee for selection.
4. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
5. No TA/DA will be paid either for attending the interview or joining the post.
6. Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organizations are not eligible.
7. Written test in the subject area will be held, if required, to shortlist candidates for the interview on the same day depending upon the number of candidates.
8. The Director & appointing authority has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
9. Please give the details of two responsible person of your locality or two references to whom you are known.
Candidates must bring along with them all the relevant documents in original and one set of attested photocopies of the same and one passport size recent colour photograph.
Walk-in-Interview on 22 February, 2019 between 09:00 hrs. to 11:00 hrs
ICMR- National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health
Indian Council of Medical ResearchJehangir Merwanji Street, Parel, Mumbai 400012
See All Other Jobs in our Database