ICMR-DHR International Fellowship Programme for Ph.D, M.Pharm, M.Sc, M.Tech | 65 Fellowships
Guidelines Governing the Fellowship
1. The individual scientist availing this Fellowship would be addressed as an ICMR-DHR International Fellow (ICMR-DHR IF).
2. The candidate should correspond with the International Institute/Laboratory to be visited for their placement. A letter of acceptance from the Institute to be visited overseas is required to be produced along with the application form. Once selected, the Fellow will not be allowed to change the mentor/foreign lab other than the one mentioned in the application.
3. All necessary formalities with regard to visa application and overseas mediclaim insurance cover should be taken care of by the Fellow.
4. The Fellow will be entitled to air travel by Air India (both ways) in economy class (excursion fare) by the shortest route from the place of duty .
5. Parent institute shall continue to pay salary and other benefits such as leave, medical gratuity, GPF, pension as applicable to the fellow candidate while he/ she is away for the fellowship. No liability on any of these accounts will be borne by ICMR/DHR.
6. The Fellows will be required to execute a will/legal/service bond of Rs. 5.00 lakh to the parent Institute that he/she belongs to and will serve the parent Indian Institute for a period of at least 3 years after return from International fellowship.
7. If the Fellow does not return to India or gets a job overseas on completion of the fellowship or fails to fulfill any of the above requirements, he/she will be liable to reimburse the whole of the expenditure incurred during the fellowship period, including the airfare, from the Guarantees in one lump sum within one month of the completion of the term of the Fellowship and remit it to the ICMR. An undertaking to this effect on a Rs.50/- non-judicial stamp paper however be required to be submitted by the Guarantees, in case of selection of Fellow.
8. The Fellow should submit a final work report (in the prescribed format) on the research and training activities undertaken in the foreign Laboratory/Institute during the fellowship period. This should be submitted within 2 weeks of his/her return. 9. A progress report (in the prescribed format) evaluating the performance of the Young fellow by the Mentor from the host institution should also be submitted.
10. The utilsation certificate (in the prescribed format) should be submitted by the Fellow within 2 weeks of return for final adjustment of stipened/bills.
11. The fellowship should begin within the same financial year and must be completed before 31st March of the next year. Dates once decided will be treated as final as it involves lot of ground work and processing at ICMR-DHR.
12. Total claim bills on the budget head of fellowship should not exceed the specified amount.
13. In the event of cancellation of travel ticket due to change of the date of visit/change of sector of journey or any other reasons, the cancellation charges and difference of fare, if any, will be met by the Fellow.
14. ICMR-DHR will not be liable for anything whatsoever including GOI clearances, medical insurance etc., beyond the specified duration of stay (as approved by selection committee) of Fellow in the foreign country.
15. In case a Fellow withdraws/refuses to undertake the fellowship at the last minute he/she will be “de-barred” for succeeding two years from availing the ICMR-DHR International fellowship.
16. The Fellow has to submit the Utilization certificate; Report of training; Mentor’s report on return.
Screening of applications will be done by the ICMR-DHR and the short listed candidates will be considered by the Selection Committee for awarding the fellowship.
The selection of the candidate will be based on the evaluation of the merit of the candidate and the training needs in the field of medical research by a Committee of eminent scientists.
1. Please refer to the Registration process before you Login and proceed further to submit the application.
2. For best resolution and easy access, may please use the Google Chrome for visiting the website and submitting the application.
3. The requisite documents may kindly be uploaded in pdf format only within the prescribed size limit indicated for each document.
4. The scanned/digital signatures(jpg file) may be uploaded.
5. Please refer to the detailed guidelines for International fellowships before submitting the application.
Last date of receipt of applications: 15thMarch, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database