Career for M.Pharm, M.Sc as Research Associate at NABI - Government of India Job
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is an autonomous Institute under Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. NABI aims at catalysing the transformation of Agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organization for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food biotech innovations for improved household nutritional security. Since its inception in 2010, NABI is involved in research activities for the Bio fortification, development of designer crops for improved nutrition, providing sustainable and novel solutions towards quality food and nutrition, and development of evidence based functional foods to counter malnutrition. Food and nutritional Biotechnology division at NABI requires following research personnel purely on temporary basis.
Research Associate for Improvement of nutritional and processing quality in Wheat (01 Position)
1. RA will be responsible for nutritional enhancement of wheat by Bio fortification based strategies.
2. RA will be responsible for biochemical and agronomic studies on colored wheat.
3. RA will be responsible for outreach activities and public awareness generation.
Essential Qualifications:- PhD/MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after MVSc/ M.Pharm/ME/M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Index (SCI) journal. (Eligibility criteria as DST OM No.SR/S9/Z-09/2012 dated 21.10.2014).
Desirable qualifications:- Research experience in plant breeding, crop, storage and extension activities or proximate analysis of food products. Experience in outreach activities.
Emoluments:- The RA will be hired as per the emoluments’ guidelines and service conditions notified by DST (DST OM No.SR/S9/Z-09/2012 dated 21.10.2014).
Age Limit:- The age limit of applicants for RA will be 40 years as on date of interview. (Relaxation is admissible in case of SC/ST/OBC/women as per government of India instructions).
Project Investigator:- Dr. Monika Garg, Scientist-D email:- email@example.com contact no. 0172-5221205.
Duration for RA position : The research associate-ship is a purely temporary assignment and is tenable for a period of two years.
* FOR RA Candidates who have submitted Ph.D. thesis and are waiting for viva voce may also apply (For such candidates, fellowship amount will be that of an SRF until he/she submit completion of PhD certificate.)
Research Associate-1 for temporary position under DST sponsored Indo-Poland joint research project at NABI. (01 Position)
Project Title: “Pharmacological mimicking of cold via cold thermoreceptors (TRPA1 and TRPM8) and energy regulation: novel implications in obesity and type-2 diabetes” (Project No: DST/INT/PLO/P-22/2016/G).
Sponsoring agency: Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
1. To study the expression and function of TRP cold thermoreceptors (TRPA1 and TRPM8) in metabolically active tissues
2. In-vitro (cell culture models) and in-vivo (diet-induced obesity model in mice) studies to understand the role of TRP thermoreceptors in energy homeostasis
3. To study dietary intervention of cold thermoreceptors against diet-induced obesity and associated complications (type-2 diabetes).
PhD/MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after MVSc/ M.Pharm/ME/M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Index (SCI) journal. (Eligibility criteria as DST OM No.SR/S9/Z- 09/2012 dated 21.10.2014)
1. Prior research experience supported by peer reviewed publications
2. Hands on experience in molecular biology, cell culture techniques, pre-clinical animal studies.
For More Info Go Next Page...