Merck Limited looking for Analytical Scientist, Principal Scientist | M.Pharm, Ph.D
Merck Limited (formerly E. Merck Limited) was set up in India as the first Merck subsidiary in Asia in 1967. The Company operates both its Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals businesses in the country.
Merck was also the first Merck Group Company to go public in the year 1981. The Merck Group now holds 51% of the share capital in Merck Limited, while the remaining 49% is traded on the Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd. and National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. Merck Specialities Pvt. Ltd., the wholly owned Indian subsidiary of Merck KGaA, was incorporated in 2005.
Post : Analytical Scientist, Principal Scientist
• Individually performs and manages innovation, method development, method validation, pre-stability / stability testing and all other analytical related activities for pharmaceutical formulations (tablets, capsules, liquids, creams etc)
• Participate in project teams and assist in troubleshoot scientific and instrument related challenges
• Conduct experiments, investigations, and special testing as needed for problem solving, to characterize drug substances or products
• Maintain good laboratory practices internally or externally related to analytical support of formulation development such as equipment and their operation, SOPs, equipment records, method development records, etc.
• Involved in analytical method transfer and analytical activities at production site located internationally on a regular basis
• Conduct literature search supporting projects
• Procurement of lab supplies
• Assist Analytical lead to execute analytical support of formulation projects
• Interaction with cross-functional teams such as Formulation development, project management, Regulatory affairs, Medical etc to ensure satisfactory progress and outcome of the projects
• Review and Interpret data (Chromatography, Spectroscopy & physical testing) to support all global product development projects
• Post graduate in pharmacy (Masters in Pharmacy) or Ph.D. in Pharmacy
• Between 3-8 years of experience in analytical development
• Specific expertise in analytical method development, validation and stability testing and analytical method transfer
• Handling of analytical equipment like HPLC/UPLC, UV, GC and Dissolution is must.
• Should have exposure to regulatory requirement of market like US, Europe, Latin America
• Good communication, presentation skills, excellent analytical thinking
• International exposure is an added advantage
• Computer literacy (e.g. MS-project, Power Point, document management systems) available and shown ability to qickly learn new software and tracking tools and associated processes
• Desired knowledge of chemical principles, analytical techniques, analytical instrumentation, GxPs, validation and allied areas
• Understanding of formulation aspects added advantage
Experience : 3-8 years
Industry Type : Pharma
Education : M.Pharm / Ph.D
Department : MAPLab, NEST, Consumer Health R&D
Location : Mumbai
See All Other Jobs in our Database