Career as Associate Professor, Assistant Professor in Pharmaceutical Technology at University of North Bengal - backlog vacancies
The University of North Bengal was established by Act of the Legislature of West Bengal in 1962 and assigned the mandate of providing teaching, training and research in various branches of advanced learning, and promoting the dissemination of knowledge to fulfill growing socio-economic and technical manpower needs in the six North Bengal districts and the neighbouring state of Sikkim. The campus occupies an area of about 330 acres 9 km outside Siliguri and Bagdogra Airport in the Terai region of Darjeeling district. The University Act was revised under West Bengal Act of XXV of 1981 and it came into force with effect from September 16, 1981.
Applications in the prescribed form are invited from bonafide Indian citizens for filling up of the following backlog vacancies in substantive teaching posts reserved for the Scheduled Caste (SC) & Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Caste (OBC) candidates.
Post: Associate Professor, Assistant Professor
Associate Professor: Pharmaceutical Technology – 1 (SC)
Specialization: Pharmaceutics / Quality Assurance / Pharmacology
Assistant Professor: Pharmaceutical Technology – 1 (ST)
Specialization: Pharmaceutics / Quality Assurance / Pharmacology
Associate Professor–Rs.37,400/- to Rs.67,000/- along with an Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 9,000/- and other allowances as admissible.
Assistant Professor–Rs.15,600/- to Rs.39,100/- along with an Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 6000/- and other allowances as admissible.
For the post of Associate Professors –
(i) Minimum eligibility criteria:
a. Good academic record with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned /allied / relevant disciplines.
b. A Master’s degree in concerned / allied / relevant disciplines with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scales wherever grading system is followed).
c. At least second class “Three Years” Bachelor’s degree with Honours / Major in the relevant / allied subject.
d. A minimum of 8 (eight) years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic / research position equivalent to that of an Assistant Professor in a University / College or reputed research institution / industry with a number of good quality publications in reputed journals and/or publication of books.
(ii) Additional Experiences:
a. Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses and use of
modern technology in teaching-learning process.
b. Guidance of Ph.D. students / research projects.
For the post of Assistant Professors –
Minimum eligibility criteria:
a. Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scales wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s degree in the relevant disciplines.
b. At least second class “Three Years” Bachelor’s degree with Honours / Major in the relevant / allied subject.
c. Besides P.G. degree holders in Management, P.G. degree holders in Economics and Commerce are also eligible for the post(s) in Management, subject to fulfillment of other minimum eligibility criteria.
d. Besides P.G. degree holders in Microbiology, P.G. degree holders in Biochemistry, Biophysics or in any discipline of Life-science with research specialization in Microbiology are also eligible for the post(s) in Microbiology, subject to fulfillment of other minimum eligibility criteria.
e. The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC (CSIR) or similar test accredited by the UGC like SET/SLET.
f. However, the candidates who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of Ph.D. degree) Regulations 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the Minimum Eligibility Condition of NET/SLET/SET.
g. NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such masters programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
General instructions to the candidates:
1. Candidates applying for more than one post will have to apply separately for each post.
2. Application fees (only for SC/ST/OBC candidates): Rs.500/- for the post of Professor, Rs. 400/- for the post of Associate Professor and Rs. 300/- for the post of Assistant Professor. A bank draft drawn in favor of University of North Bengal payable at the NBU Campus Branch of the State Bank of India should be attached with the application form.
3. Persons employed in Government / Semi-government organizations / Autonomous bodies should submit their application through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of the application. Those who are unable to process their application through proper channel may submit a ‘no objection certificate’ from the present employer at the time of the interview. However, they should also submit an undertaking to that effect alongwith the application form. No direct application from such candidates will be entertained.
4. The university reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reason thereof.
5. A candidate will have to attach with the application form self-attested photocopy of SC/ST/OBC certificate issued by a competent authority within the State of West Bengal. Candidates belonging to the OBC-A & OBC-B categories, whose caste certificates were issued more than a year ago, must produce a ratification certificate that they do not belong to the creamy layer as on date of advertisement. Caste certificates issued by other states will not be considered for reservation purposes.
6. Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for interview / in any other form of selection process. Only the short listed candidates will be called for interview. The decision of the university in all matters will be final.
7. No correspondence from the candidates will be entertained in connection with the process of selection. Canvassing in any form will entail disqualification of candidature.
8. Front pages of five best publications (at the maximum) should be attached with the application form for the applicants for the post of Professor and Associate Professor. However, applicants for the post of Assistant Professor may also submit the front page of their publications, if any. The original certificates and complete publications should be placed before the selection committee.
9. Incomplete applications, applications without self-attested copies of certificates, applications without the requisite fees, or applications received after the due date are liable to be rejected.
10. Candidates must write advt. no and “Name of the Post Applied For” on the top of the envelope.
Those who are employed must apply through proper channel. Two copies of the application form duly filled-in, complete in all respect and signed by the candidate must reach the following address in a sealed envelope on or before 14th January 2016:
Office of the Vice- Chancellor,
University of North Bengal,
Raja Rammohunpur, Siliguri–734013,
West Bengal, India
Advt. No.74/R-15, Date:12.12.2015
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.