The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world. The ICMR has always attempted to address itself to the growing demands of scientific advances in biomedical research on the one hand, and to the need of finding practical solutions to the health problems of the country, on the other. The ICMR has come a long way from the days when it was known as the IRFA, but the Council is conscious of the fact that it still has miles to go in pursuit of scientific achievements as well as health targets.
Post : Consultant (Medical / Non Medical)
Applications are invited for the post to be filled up on purely on time bound contractual basis for a period of six months at ICMR Bioethics Unit, Bengaluru.
Consolidated Salary per month : Rs.75,000/- For Medical Rs.65,000/- for Non-Medical
No. of Vacancies : One
Age Limit : 50 Years
Essential : Medical: MBBS / BDS with MD/MDS MPH /PhD
Non Medical : First Class Post Graduate Degree, including PG degrees, with 3 years experience or PhD
i) Qualifications/ Training/ Experience in Research Ethics or Bioethics.
ii) Good writing/Communication skills / Editorial work / Related Publications.
iii) Knowledge of Computer applications.
iv) Working experience with an Ethics Committee.
v) Knowledge about National or International Ethical Guidelines. Experience of conducting or working in a clinical trial/ Biomedical Health Research/ Public Health Research.
Job Description :
To co-ordinate and carry out the activities of ICMR bioethics Unit which include: -
Developing of ethics policy/ guidance on specific areas; capacity building initiatives; use of online tools and methods for bioethics training; Organize and conduct National and International conferences/ courses or seminars on bioethics; development of bioethics course curriculum for students; researchers and ethics committees; conduct survey / research to assess status of ethical review; collection and dissemination of relevant information through publications in Bioethics; Collaboration with National/ International institutes for research in the area of Ethics; Networking and communication with stakeholders in the area of Ethics.
Note : The post of Consultant (Medical/Non-Medical) is on full time basis and no private / consultancy is permitted.
Terms and Conditions
1. Interested and eligible candidates willing to apply for the post may download application from the ICMR - website (icmr.gov.in / ncdirindia.org). Applications will be received from the individual by hand duly filled in the prescribed format on the date of walk-in-interview i.e. 05-09-2023.
2. The candidates will not be allowed to enter institute after 11.00 am under any circumstances. The candidates are required to bring all the original certificates along with a set of self-attested Photostat copy of certificates (i.e. educational/professional qualification/caste certificates/publications if any).
3. Incomplete applications, without photograph or without copies of relevant certificates will not be entertained. The DG ICMR reserves the right to cancel the notification without assigning any reason thereof.
4. Qualification and experience should be in relevant discipline/ field and from a reputed institution/ organization recognized by relevant authority. Experience shall count from the date of completion of minimum educational qualification.
5. After verification of the applications, the name of eligible candidates will be informed on the same day for interview.
6. Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organizations are not eligible.
7. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in examination/test/and interview. Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to selection/recruitment shall be disqualification.
8. Submission of incorrect or false information during the process of interview/ personal discussion shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
9. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification/ experience does not guarantee selection.
10. The appointment is for a period of 6 months. No Extension will be given.
11. Age will be reckoned on date of walk-in-interview.
12. The appointment will be made on the basis of results of interview / personal discussion.
13. The said post is purely temporary. Selected candidate will not have any right to claim for regular appointment in the Council.
14. Selected candidate must join for duties immediately/within one week from the date of offer of engagement
15. Any Addendum/Corrigendum in respect of above vacancy notice shall be issued on our websites icmr.gov.in only and no separate notification shall be issued in the press. Applicants are requested to regularly visit our website to keep themselves updated.
WALK IN INTERVIEW
Date & Place : 05-09-2023 at 09.00 Hrs
Venue : ICMR-Bioethics Unit, ICMR Complex, Bengaluru.
See All Other Jobs in our Database