Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. The institute is an integral part of the interdisciplinary NCR Biotech Science Cluster located at Faridabad, and is designed as a dynamic, interactive organization with the mission to conduct innovative translational research and to develop research collaborations across disciplines and professions to translate concepts into tangible products to improve human health.
No of Posts : Three posts (UR-3)
Max monthly consolidated emoluments : Up to Rs. 1,00,000/-
Age Limit : 40 years
Minimum Qualification and experience : Ph.D. in Life Sciences / Medical Sciences with 1 year of relevant experience for faculty support and Bioassay lab. PG Professional degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology / Engineering with 10 years of relevant experience for IT.
Domain : Faculty support for Lab Management / Bio Assay Lab / Information Technology
Senior Technical Officer
No of Posts : Seven posts (UR-5, OBC-2)
Max monthly consolidated emoluments : Up to Rs. 85,000/-
Age Limit : 35 years
Minimum Qualification and experience : PG Degree in Life Sciences / Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Sciences with 7 years of relevant experience.
Domain : Bioassay Lab / Non Communicable Diseases
No of Posts : Six Posts (UR-5, SC-1)
Max monthly consolidated emoluments : Up to Rs. 75,000/-
Age Limit : 30 years
Minimum Qualification and experience : PG Degree in Life Sciences / Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Sciences with 5 years’ of relevant experience OR Graduate Degree in Life Sciences / Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Sciences with 7 years of relevant experience.
Domain : Bioassay Lab / Non Communicable Diseases
No of Posts : Two Posts (UR-1, OBC-1)
Max monthly consolidated emoluments : Up to Rs. 60,000/-
Age Limit : 30 years
Minimum Qualification and experience : PG Degree with 3 years’ of relevant experience OR Graduate degree with 5 years of relevant experience OR Graduate degree with DMLT and 3 years’of relevant experience.
Domain : Infection & Immunology / Multi-disciplinary Clinical and Translational Research / Non Communicable Diseases
Note: The selection committee may recommend a candidate for lower grade/pay based on the qualification, skills and experience of the candidate.
Relevant experience with respect to domain area:
Infection & Immunology (I&I) : Experience in doing experiments on FACS, Immuno phenotyping, FACS cell sorting, PCR, ELISA, real time PCR, experience in cell and tissue culture, small animal handling and genotyping OR Experience in carrying out PCR, cloning, mammalian cell line maintenance and culture, protein purification SDS-PAGE, ELISA, Western blotting, virus neutralization assays, manage inventory and equipment.
Multidisciplinary Clinical and Translational Research (MCTR) : Recombinant protein expression, antigen and antibody purification/ Assay optimization & validation (PCR, Real Time PCR, ELISA, Lateral flow assay) / small animal handling / electronic lab inventory management
Non-Communicable Disease (NCD)
Experience in mammalian cell repository (sub-culturing and cell-line stocks), establishment of cell-based disease models and phenotypic screening using HCS platform (STO).
OR Establishment of cell and animal models as well as pharmacokinetic studies. Experience in biochemical and molecular biology techniques (STO).
OR Synthetic organic chemistry to support drug discovery efforts (synthesis, purification, analysis and characterization). Experience in various types of organic reactions, optimizations and chemical purifications. (TO-II).
OR Manage, support and accelerate the computational research. Facilitate tools and GPU/CPU servers, handle publically available biological database, system administration, programming/scripting knowledge (TO-II).
OR Establishment of standard protocols for proteomics data processing, analysis and visualization. Implementation of SOPs for the Computational Mass Spectrometry (CMS) analysis facility & analysis of Mass Spectrometry Big Data (TO-II).
OR Handle and operate various analytical chemistry equipment (NMR, UPLC, Combiflash etc.) to support analytical characterization/purification of small molecules, phytopharmaceuticals / natural products and small peptides (TOII)
OR To perform proteomics studies and prepare samples for mass spectrometry analysis from cell culture, biological fluids, & tissues. (TO-I) OR To perform pharmacokinetics and metabolomics studies, prepare samples and method development for mass spectrometry. (TO-I)
OR To perform molecular biology studies like cloning, protein purification, immunoblotting, RT-PCR, flow-cytometry, enzymology and immunocytochemistry (TO-I).
For More Info Go Next Page...
Bioassay Laboratory (BAL) : Prior experience of working in a clinical research lab with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) or in other accredited labs for vaccine development and
should have established assays for vaccine efficacy studies. Must possess in-depth knowledge of NABL accreditation procedures for biological and testing labs (ISO-15189 and ISO-17025:2017) and laboratory management skills, knowledge of standard laboratory safety and quality procedures, documentation and audit processes.
Information Technology (IT) : Proven experience in handling e-Services, service automation, ERP, eProcurement, program development and scripting for automation, heterogeneous system administration including working in Linux systems, managing Servers like NFS, LDAP, Web, Mail, Firewall etc., working with HPC / Big Data Cluster / On-Premise Private Cloud infrastructure and Data Center, handling Computer Center services / Campus networking services, proficient in design and implementation of large wired and wireless networks.
Faculty support : Assist the Executive Director and faculty in the development and monitoring of new translational research programs. Have experience of preparation of applications and reports for national and international funding agencies. Experience of regulatory or IP issues would be advantageous.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Appointment will be made on yearly contract basis for a period of three years (extendable to five years) with an initial probation period of six months that may be extended at the discretion of the competent authority.
2. All educational, professional and technical qualification should be from a recognized Board/University.
3. The experience requirement specified shall be experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications required for the post.
4. Persons working in Govt. / PSUs / autonomous bodies should produce a relevant ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of Interview/ written test/ skill test.
5. Age and other relaxations for direct recruits and departmental candidates:
1. By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST communities.
2. By 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC communities.
3. For Persons with Disabilities (PwD) falling under the following categories : (i) UR - 10 years , ii) OBC - 13 years (iii) SC/ST - 15 years 4. For Ex-servicemen upto the extent of service rendered in defence forces (Army, Navy & Air force) plus 3 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service.
5. Relaxation of 5 years will also be permissible to those who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 subject to production of relevant certificate from concerned authority.
6. Age is relaxable for Government servants up to 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government, from time to time.
7. There is no upper age limit for the employees who are working for THSTI.
6. The closing date of online application will be the CRUCIAL DATE for determining eligibility with regard to age, essential qualification etc.
7. One candidate can apply for only one position.
8. Number of positions may vary depending upon the requirement at the time of interview/skill test/ written test.
9. Outstation SC/ST/PwD candidates will be paid to & fro second class railway fare, as per Govt. of India rules on production of the proof of the same.
10. All results will be published on our website and all communications will be only through email.
11. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
Procedure for filling online application:
a) Before filling up the online application, keep the following documents handy:
i) A soft copy of your passport size photo and signature. (only jpeg/jpg/png format)
ii) A comprehensive CV (PDF format only) containing details of qualification, positions held, professional experience/distinctions etc.
iii) The documents in support of educational qualification and experience (PDF format only) as mentioned below:
• Matriculation Mark sheet
• Intermediate Mark sheet
• Graduation Degree/Mark Sheet
• Post-Graduation Degree/Mark Sheet (if any)
• Ph.D or equivalent degree (if any)
• Relevant experience certificates (if any)
(Note: The experience certificate must specifically mention the domain area mentioned in para (c), failing which the candidate will not be shortlisted for further consideration)
• Caste / Disability certificate in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India, if applicable
iv) Application fee is to be deposited online as per details given below:
Unreserved candidates/EWS : 500
SC/ST/OBC/Women/PWD : Nil
* The payment can be made by using Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking/UPI.
* Once payment is made, no correction/modification is possible.
* Candidates are requested to keep a copy of provisional receipt for future reference.
* Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
b) The eligible and interested candidates may apply online at the Institute’s website thsti.res.in/career. Applications through any other mode will not be accepted.
c) On successful submission of your application, an auto-generated email containing the reference number will be sent to the email address provided. Please keep a note of the reference number for future correspondence.
d) Candidates are required to keep a printout of the online application form by using the print button on the dashboard for future reference.
e) Candidates must ensure that he/she fulfils all eligibility criteria as stipulated in the advertisement. If it is found that he/she does not fulfil the stipulated criteria, the candidature will be cancelled.
f) Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
g) Candidates are requested to use Google Chrome internet browser for best results in submission of online application.
h) In case of difficulty in filling up the online form, please send e-mail to email@example.com.
Last date for receipt of online application : 9 September 2019
Display of shortlisted candidates for written test/skill test/interview : 13 September 2019
Date of written test/skill test/interview : 26 September 2019 & 27 September 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database