Job for Technical Assistant at IITH | B.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
IIT Hyderabad is one among the 2nd generation of IITs started by the Govt. of India. Today IITH offers 9 B.Tech programs, 16 M.Tech programs, 3 M.Sc programs, 5 M.Phil programs, 1 M.Des program and Ph.D. programs in all branches of engineering, science, liberal arts and design. The very foundation of IIT Hyderabad is based on research and innovation. The vibrant research culture is evident from the number of patents and publications that IITH has. At IITH students are given with a plethora of choices, which they diligently choose with the help of a faculty advisor. Courses that last for a semester are almost a foregone story at IITH. From 14-15 academic year onwards all B.Tech programs started offering courses that are of smaller credits; called the fractal academics; very carefully designed to keep the enthusiasm of the students and to keep them in pace with the state of the art from 1st semester till 8th semester.
Applications are invited from candidates with the following credentials for the position of one Technical Assistant associated with the Chemical/Biological Safety Office at IIT Hyderabad.
Nature of appointment : Purely ad hoc basis
Period of Appointment :
• Initial appointment will be made for a period of 3 months, and based on satisfactory performance and work requirement, the appointment can be extended.
• The appointment may be terminated at any time during the contract period by the Director, IIT Hyderabad, with one month’s notice.
• Assisting safety office in chemical and biological waste management.
• Coordinating with different offices in transporting chemical/biological wastes from labs to storage building, monitoring weighing, overseeing & assisting with loading/unloading and record-keeping.
• Working closely with the safety office and the chemical/biological safety committee to fulfill the mandate of the chemical/biological safety office.
Remuneration : Rs. 24,500 per month (consolidated)
• B.Sc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Applied Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry and other degrees related to Chemistry.
• Candidates with M.Sc degree in the above-mentioned disciplines can also apply.
• 60% aggregate or above in all degrees (as applicable)
• Experience handling, storing and disposing hazardous chemicals (Acids, bases and organic solvents)
• Experience working hands-on in a chemical laboratory
• English knowledge (oral and written)
• Computer knowledge (Basic internet usage and MS Office applications)
Age Limit : Not to exceed 35 years
• Interested candidates should e-mail a copy of their full resume highlighting details, including educational qualifications, aggregate marks and relevant experience, to email@example.com with subject-line “Application for the post of technical assistant”.
• Last date for receipt of applications via e-mail is 4th September 2019. Applications received after 4th September midnight will not be considered for evaluation.
• Candidates will be short-listed based on merit as per their resume and only short-listed candidates will be intimated via e-mail for a written test/interview to be tentatively held in mid- September (Exact date will be intimated to short-listed candidates).
• No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
• The eligibility of the Candidate in terms of qualification/experience, etc. shall be considered as on the last date of receipt of applications, i.e., 4th September 2019
• The institute reserves the right not to fill up the posts, cancel the advertisement in whole or in part, without assigning any reason and the decision of the competent authority of IIT Hyderabad, in this regard shall be final.
• Candidates not eligible for the posts mentioned shall be disqualified.
• The institute reserves the right to place a reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for written test and interview. Mere fulfillment of qualification does not entitle a candidate to be called for written test, and interview.
See All Other Jobs in our Database