The Dr. Reddy's Institute of Life Sciences was conceived in the context of globalization, to foster research competence in India and to bridge the divide between academic research and the pharmaceutical & biotechnology industries. The institute was incorporated as a non-profit entity under Section 25 of the Indian companies act, facilitating operational autonomy. Construction of the DRILS building comprising 44 labs and an administrative block and spanning ~130,000 sq.ft. in area, began in 2004 and was completed in January 2007.
Post : Business Development & Project Management
Job Summary : Manager, Business Development is responsible for both brand building and fund raising. Within brand, the role includes sourcing, screening and evaluating business opportunities for out -licensing. Within fund raising, the role includes leading the Business Development functions in sourcing, assessing and implementing 3rd party R&D collaboration; identifying and evaluating new product targets, and attaining competitive intelligence in the institute’s project areas. Focus also includes identifying, evaluating and creating opportunities for overall growth, profitability and development of the business especially with pharma industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead strategic and financial analysis that guide brand business development decisions including out-licensing pipeline opportunities, commercial co-promotion and international opportunities
• Facilitate senior management briefings on business development opportunities
• Implement strategy by identifying potential product out-licensing opportunities and developing supporting analysis (scientific, market, financial and strategic, etc.) utilizing internal and external resources.
• Drive on-time and on-budget delivery of objectives and deliverables in development projects using strong Project Management skills.
• Interface with Government institutes and other granting agencies for raising funds.
Manage transition of a successful business transaction to project management and a cross-functional project team.
Education and or Experience:
• Minimum 5-8 years in Pharmaceutical industry with at least 3 years of Business development & 2 years of Project management.
• Solid understanding of the pharmaceutical market, its regulatory and legislative landscape, business and commercial strategies.
• Business acumen including analytical skills, strategic thinking, creativity in problem-solving
• MBA or PGDBM
Interested candidates can send their applications via email to hr@drils on or before April15, 2019 mentioning the DRILS-BD&PM in subject line.
See All Other Jobs in our Database