Job for Life Sciences Graduate/Post Graduate in research at THSTI
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt, of India. The institute is an integral part of the interdisciplinary NCR Biotech Science Cluster located at Faridabad, and is designed as a dynamic, interactive organization with the mission to conduct innovative translational research and to develop research collaborations across disciplines and professions to translate concepts into tangible products to improve human health
Project Assistant - 02 posts
Emoluments : Upto Rs. 30000
Age Limit : 30 years
Name of Centre : PBC
Project code : Inter Institutional program for Maternal, Neonatal and infant Sciences - A translational approach to studying Preterm Birth
Minimum Qualification and experience : Graduate in Life Sciences or technical degree holder with minimum 2 years’ relevant experience.
• Candidates having Biology as a subject in Standard 12 will be preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
• Proficiency in English typing
- He/ She will be responsible for providing support to project office operations performing a variety of standard administrative duties including typing of official documents ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
- Implement, maintain and develop efficient and effective administrative systems.
- Provide admin support to conferences, workshops and project related field visits. Assisting in the coordination and delivery of workshops.
- Assist in compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials,speeches, background information and documentation for meetings.
- Arrange for travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations.
- Processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents for research staff.
- Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions.
- Provide support for efficient functioning of the Project Team. Ordering and checking resources and purchases for the team.
- Drafting of regular interval based reports for stakeholders and the executive board.
- Keeping track of projects with updates and reports Handling requests of travel and logistics arrangements for the team.
- Primary liaison to the Procurement Department for equipment order placement process invoices when received. Arrange vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance, check and record vehicle daily log, update and maintain of vehicle history report.
- Act as custodian for management of office stationery supplies, including maintenance of office assets and stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, extract of data from various sources, when required.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordinate collection and submission of reports to the Project Manager.
Senior Research Fellow/Project Coordinator - 03 posts
Emoluments : Upto Rs. 36,400
Age Limit : 30 years
Name of Centre : CBD
Project code : Multi centric validation of ‘TB -Detect’ and ‘TB Concentration and Transport’ kit and ‘TB DNA extraction kit for diagnosis of TB and drug resistant TB
Minimum Qualification and experience : Post Graduation in Life Sciences with minimum 2 years’ research experience.
1. Prior experience in mycobacteriology work (at least 2 years) is a must.
2. Experience in BSL3 work, genomic DNA isolation, Real time PCR, Line Probe Assay, ZN smear microscopy is a must.
One Publication in the field of tuberculosis diagnostics.
Experience in handling multi¬centric projects.
This project involves the multicentric testing of 2 kits developed for improved TB diagnosis.
The candidate will coordinate the evaluation of all the kits at the test site(s).
• He/She will be also be responsible for the management, follow up, trouble shooting etc of the project at each site through monthly visits at 6 sites all over India.
• He/She will be responsible for help in the overall maintenance of the project.
• He/She will also train and work with manpower at test sites on various aspects of the kit usage, DNA extraction and Line Probe assay directly from sputum samples.
Find More Info Go to Next Page...