PHARMACOGNOSTICAL, PRELIMINARY PHYTOCHEMICAL SCREENING AND ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY OF METHANOL EXTRACT OF MURRAYA KOENIGII
RESULT AND DISCUSSION -
The yield of extract in methanol was found to be 17.1% on dry weight .ash parameter, Extractive values were evaluated. The preliminary phytochemical screening of Extract showed the presence of Carbohydrate, Glycoside, Alkaloids and Proteins are detected.
Antibacterial screening data showed that methanol extract has exhibit antibacterial activity.
Table 1.Yield of Extract
|Sr.no.||Extract||% Dry weight|
Table 2.Physical Evaluation
Table3. Preliminary Phytochemical screening.
(+) - sign indicate presence and (-)- sign indicated absence of constituent.
Table 4.Antibacterial activity.
Methanol extract showed that presence of alkaloids, carbohydrate, Proteins, volatile oils and glycosides.
From antibacterial screening it was found that methanol extract showed Best antibacterial activity in the concentration 100 µg/ml .the methanol extract showed the zone of inhibition 6.2 mm .this is an indicated the methanol extract of murrayakpenigii shows they inhibit growth of microorganism.
1. Abhishek Mathur,Satish K.Verma,Santosh K.Singh,GBKS Prasad,V.K.Dua (2011), Investigation of the antimicrobial ,Antioxidant and anti inflammatory activity of compound isolated from murraya koenigii,International Journal of Applied Biology and Pharmaceutical Technology,2(1),470-477.
2. Anwar F. ,Masaldan AS,Kapil RS(1973),Synthesis of murryacine,oxidation with DDQ of activated aromatic methyl group of the alkaloids of murrayakoenigiispreng,Indian J.Chem.,11,1314-1315.
3. Curry leaf and its uses (1962), council of science and Indus Research,6,125-127.
4. Ganesan P,Phaiphan A,Murugan Y.(2013),Comparative study of bioactive compounds in curry and coriander leaves:An update ; Journal of chemical and pharmaceutical Research,5(1).590-594.
6. Kureel BS, Kapil RS, PopaliSP(1970),Two novel alkaloids from murrayakoenigii: mahnombicine and bicyclomahanimbicine, chemInd(London),29,958.leaf(murrayakoenigii): A spice medicinal property, MOJ Biology and medicine,2(3),236-256.
7. Manisha vats,Harneet singh,Satish Sardana (2009),Phytochemical screening and antimicrobial activity of roots of murraya koenigii spreng.(Rutaceae),Brazilian Journal of Microbiology ,42,1569-1573.
8. Manshu Jain, Rita Gilhotra,Ravindra pal singh ,JitendraMitthal(2017),Curry
9. Priyanka Gupta,AlokNahata,VinodK(2012), An update on murrayakoenigii: A multifunctional Ayuredic herb, Journal of Chinese integrative medicine,9(8),824-833.
10. Ragunathan K.,Mitra R.(1985),Pharmacognosy of Indigenous drugs,Central Council for Research in Ayurveda and siddha ,11,433.
NOW YOU CAN ALSO PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE ONLINE.
SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE/PROJECT AT firstname.lastname@example.org
FIND OUT MORE ARTICLES AT OUR DATABASE