Alcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With an over 75-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world, with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care. Being a truly global company, we work in 60 countries and serve patients in more than 140 countries. We have a long history of industry firsts, and each year we commit a substantial amount in Research and Development to meet customer needs and patient demands.
Post : Scientific Medical Writer Clinical R&D
• Writing Scientific Content: Produce high-quality scientific content, including journal articles, research papers, short communications to journals, narrative reviews on a specific topic (identified by the manager), case studies, conference abstracts, conference presentations etc. Present information in a clear, concise, and scientifically accurate manner, adhering to relevant publication guidelines and regulations.
• Communication and Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including global clinical project leads in Surgical, Vision Care, and Pharma Franchises. Liaise with external and internal key opinion leaders, publication leads and external vendors (as needed) to gather information and collaborate on content development needed for the publication.
• Review and Editing: Collaborate with subject matter experts, researchers, and medical professionals to review and edit manuscripts, abstracts, conference presentation etc. Ensure consistency, accuracy, and adherence to the target audience’s level of understanding.
• Regulatory Compliance: Maintain knowledge of relevant industry regulations, such as Good Publication practice, ICJME etc. and other ethical and legal requirements to ensure compliance in medical writing.
• Medical Training materials for MSLs: Create content for internal customers for training on the surgical and vision care medical products – developing content to effectively communicate medical and scientific information to a broader audience in a simple way. Efficiently use design elements and balance it against the content that needs to be delivered in the presentations.
• Quality Assurance: Ensure the accuracy, consistency, and integrity of all written materials, maintaining high standards for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Research and Analysis: As applicable, collaborate with the clinical project leads and help with research/analysis of data on specific clinical topics, conduct mini-reviews as needed in PubMed and other databases, collate key data from various publications and put together summaries/technical reports
• A degree in medicine (ophthalmology/optometry preferred), pharmacy, life sciences, or a related field. Qualifications in medical writing or communication are a plus.
• Strong scientific background and knowledge of ophthalmic medical devices and drugs.
• Excellent writing and communication skills, with the ability to translate complex scientific concepts into understandable language for different audiences.
• Demonstrated experience in writing/creating scientific content for medical communications such as posters/papers at scientific conventions and evidence of writing (as primary author) or providing editorial assistance for peer reviewed publications.
• Strong knowledge of various reference styles (e.g., AMA, APA) and publication guidelines (e.g., ICMJE).
• Proficiency in using scientific literature databases and reference management tools.
• Attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities for accurately interpreting and presenting scientific data.
Qualification : A degree in medicine (ophthalmology/optometry preferred), pharmacy, life sciences
Location : Bangalore
Industry Type : Pharma / Healthcare / Clinical research
End Date : 30th September, 2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database