inVentiv Health Clinical, formerly PharmaNet/i3, is a leading provider of global drug development services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, generic drug, and medical device companies. With 7,000 employees in more than 36 countries, inVentiv Health Clinical offers therapeutically specialized capabilities for all phases of clinical development, bioanalytical services, and strategic resourcing from a single clinical professional to an entire functional team.
Post: Senior Scientist/Scientist NPR
This will involve working with the other members of the NPR team, Category and the Medical team and Consumer Insight to identify broad need-states among consumers, identify gaps in the brand architecture and design potential technical solutions to fulfill unmet consumer needs. This will involve designing and commissioning Proof-of-Principle (PoP) studies internally and with external agencies to establish scientific credibility for the designed solutions. This will also involve working with the NPD team to create working prototypes for consumer research as well as for use in PoP studies, as well as with the Medical Team in conducting PoP Clinical studies.
1. Identification of Opportunities: Working with the NPR team, brand teams, consumer insight team, medical and NPD team to determine need gaps fitting in the brand architecture with substantial business opportunity
2. Designing technical solutions: Carrying out information search, including literature search, patent search, potential discussion with vendors, discussion with academic researchers etc. to find potential technical solutions to the need gaps identified.
3. Designing and Commissioning PoP Studies: Support the work with NPD to prepare prototypes, working with NPD and external parties to develop in-vitro or ex-vivo studies, and working with the Medical team to design PoP clinical studies and commissioning the studies to demonstrate the Proof of the Principle.
2. Support other NPR members with Project Management of Exploratory Projects in the following areas
1. Working in conjunction with the NPD, Medical, Clinical Operations, Regulatory and Analytical teams to develop the macroplan for the exploratory phase and track the progress of the project against the agreed timelines.
2. Preparing the portfolio analysis of the exploratory projects, analyzing the availability of resources and recommending the optimum strategy for the exploratory phase.
3. Budgeting for exploratory product development projects as well as claims development projects, tracking spends against budget and ensuring that the budget targets are met.
Find more info on Next Page...
Masters in Science in life sciences, physiology or nutritional biochemistry with some work experience in research (public health or nutritional epidemiology) or industry – not clinical operations.
Key Behavioural Competencies required (High Performance Behaviours)
* Information Search
* Creating Business Solutions
* Flexible Thinking
* Building Relationships
Education: Masters in Science in life sciences
Industry Type: Clinical Research
Functional Area: R&D
Last Date: 18 th Nov., 2013
See All Other Jobs in our Database