The Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD) is one of the autonomous institutes under the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India. The objective of IBSD is to develop and utilize the rich bioresources of the Northeastern Region of the country through the application of modern tools of biology and biotechnology. This institute is emerging as a premier research institute in the region with state-of-art modern research facility and infrastructure. The institute invites application for the following posts:
Post No.1: One Scientist – E: (Plant Biotechnology/Plant Molecular Biology)
pay band : Rs. 37400-67000 + Grade Pay of Rs. 8700/-
Essential Qualification: 1st class M.Sc. in Plant Biotechnology/Horticulture/ Life Sciences or equivalent with specialization in plant molecular biology/plant genomics /phytocellular technology having at least eleven years research experience or Ph.D. in the above subjects with at least ten years research experience.
Desirable: Research experience in biotechnological approaches on conservation, development and utilization of plant resources. The candidate should be capable of guiding and supervising research programmes of the division on plant biotechnology/molecular biology.
Post No.2: One Scientist – E: (Natural Product Chemistry)
pay band : 37400-67000 + Grade Pay of Rs. 8700/-
Essential Qualification: 1st class M.Sc. in Biochemistry/Phytochemistry/Organic Chemistry or equivalent with specialization in natural product chemistry having at least eleven years research experience or Ph.D in the above subjects with at least ten years research experience.
Desirable: Research experience in the area of natural product chemistry/ phytochemistry and should be capable of guiding and supervising research programmes of the division on chemical prospecting of bioresources.
Post No.3: One Scientist – C: (Economic Entomology)
pay band : 15600-39100 + Grade pay of Rs. 6600/-
Essential Qualification: 1st class M.Sc. in Life Sciences/Zoology/Entomology or equivalent with specialization in economic Entomology having at least five years research experience or Ph.D. in the above subjects with at least four years research experience.
Desirable: Research experience in biotechnological approaches for development and utilization of insect bioresources. The candidate should be capable of carrying out independent research projects of the division.
Post No.4: One Scientist – B: (Microbiology)
pay band: 34,650/- (Consolidated)
Essential Qualification: 1st class M.Sc. in Microbiology/Agril Microbiology/Medical Microbiology or equivalent with specialization in molecular microbial taxonomy, bacterial and fungal taxonomy, anaerobic microbial culture, handling and preservation; having research experience in the relevant field with three years after M.Sc. or Ph.D with one year post-doctoral research experience in the relevant field. The post is initially for two years only.
Desirable: Ph.D. in related subject with capability of isolation, culturing, identification with classical and molecular techniques, preservation of microbial culture.
1. Applicants should be Indian nationals
2. The maximum age limits for the above posts will be as follows:
Scientist-E : 55 years
Scientist –C : 35 years
Scientist-B : 32 years
Senior Accounts Officer : 35 years
Senior Consultant : 62 years
Stores and Purchase Officer : 40 years
Field-cum-Farm Attendant : 30 years
Find more jobs on Next Page...
3. Relaxation of age in respect of special categories/sports persons under Govt. of India notifications/guidelines will be applicable.
4. Persons with physical disabilities will have age relaxation upto 5 years.
5. Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PH, if applicable, will be in accordance with the orders issued by the Govt. of India from time to time.
6. The above posts carry usual allowances as admissible to Central Government employees for NEH region (includind SDA, HCA). Higher initial pay may be considered for exceptionally meritorious and deserving candidates.
7. The date for determining the direct recruitment age limit/experience/ qualifications shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of applications.
8. The period of experience in the requisite discipline/area of work wherever prescribed shall be counted with effect from the date of acquiring the prescribed minimum educational qualification for that group/grade.
9. Applications from the candidates working in Government departments, public sector organizations, autonomous institutions, government funded research agencies or any organizations will be considered only if forwarded through proper channel and with a clear certificate that there is no vigilance case pending/being contemplated against him/her and that the applicant will be relieved within one month of receipt of the appointment order. However, applicants may send an advance copy of the application along with requisite fee (wherever applicable) before the last date of receipt of completed application.
10. Only outstation candidates called for interview will be paid to and fro single second class rail fare/ordinary bus fare from the normal place of their residence or from the actual place of undertaking the journey, whichever is nearer to the place of interview.
11. Housing facility is available with the institute. This institute provides transport service to its employees and students.
12. The post can also be filled in the lower grade at the discretion of the Selection Committee in case suitable candidates with requisite qualification and experience are not forthcoming.
13. The Institute will have the right to cancel/modify the above post or the Recruitment Rules thereof at any time before the process of filling up the posts is completed.
14. The Institute reserves the right to appoint any person for the post, if found suitable, even if he/she has not applied for the post.
Completed applications strictly in the "FORMAT OF APPLICATION" available in institute’s website ibsd.gov.in/ and a recent passport size photograph fixed at space shown in the format along with attested copies of all mark sheets, caste certificate, experience certificates, etc. together with a non-refundable fee of Rupees fifty only (PH/SC/ST candidates are exempted from the payment of application fee) drawn in form of cross Demand Draft/IPO in favour of Director, Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development, Imphal should reach to the Senior Administrative Officer, Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development, Takyelpat Institutional Area, Imphal- 795001, Manipur on or before 5.11.2012.
Applications received after the due date or without the required copies of certificates and application fee or incomplete in any manner will not be entertained.
Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post. Merely fulfilling of the minimum prescribed qualifications and experience will not vest any right on a candidate for being called for interviews. Since it may not be possible to call all the candidates for interviews, the applications will be short listed for the purpose and the decision of the Institute will be final. The Institute will not entertain any correspondence in this respect and interim enquiry will not be attended to.
ADVERTISEMENT No. C1/2012
See All Other Jobs in our Database
See All PharmaTutor Placements