The National Centre for Cell Science require Scientist 'D'
The National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) took birth as National Tissue Culture Facility in March 11, 1986 with a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and as a national repository for cell lines/hybridomas etc. The centre is located in the midst of academically enriched environment of University of Pune campus, Pune.
During its transformation, the centre has undergone several changes to facilitate achievement of its goals. The centre has expanded its scientific charter to strengthen basic research in the areas of cancer biology, cell biology, immunology, genomics and proteomics.
Advertisement No. Admn-02A-2010
Applications are invited for following posts to be filled at NCCS, Pune.
Scientist 'D': Posts: Variable. Scale of pay: Pay Band No. 3 of Rs. 15600-39100 with grade pay of Rs. 7600/-. (TME Rs. 46390/-) Age limit: Below 50 years.
Qualification & Experience: The Centre is looking for outstanding, ambitious individuals with experience in the areas of Stem Cell Biology / Regenerative Biology / Neurobiology / Developmental Biology / System Biology / Translational Medicine / Computational Biology (for Computational Biologist position, preference will be given to candidates having experience in Cluster Computing & Management). The successful candidate is expected to have research interests that complement those of the NCCS’s faculty, and to develop interdisciplinary research. Candidates should be 1st Class MTech / MD / MVSc / MPharm / MBiotech or PhD / Corresponding degrees with strong record of peer reviewed publications / patents to develop independent research programs in relevant areas. Evidence of leadership qualities with about 8 years experience in Research & Development will be preferred. Interested applicants should send CV giving summary of research work carried out, brief write up of future plans and goals and three letters of reference along with the application.
TME = Total Monthly Emoluments including Transport Allowance and HRA as per rules.
The application in the prescribed format * along with the attested copies of certificates should reach The Director, National Centre for Cell Science, NCCS Complex, Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411 007, Maharashtra, India not later than 22nd October 2010
1. Mere fulfilling the minimum prescribed qualifications and experience will not vest any right in a candidate for calling for interview. The Centre reserves the right to call for interview only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable. No any correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
2. Applications received after the due date and / or without the copies of the required certificates will not be considered.
3. Canvassing in any form and / or bringing in any influence will be treated as disqualification for the post.
4. Higher start in basic pay may be considered in case of meritorious and outstanding candidates.
5. The Director, NCCS reserves the right to enhance / reduce the number of posts and also to cancel the recruitment process.
6. No interim inquiries will be entertained.
7. Candidates working in Government Department / Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Bodies should forward their applications through proper channel.
8. SC/ST candidates called for interview will be paid TA for attending the interview as admissibleunder the rules.
9. Age limit and experience may be relaxed in exceptional cases.
10. Superscribe the name of the applied post on the envelope.
11.Application received through e-mail will not be accepted.
12. Those who have applied earlier in response to our advertisement, need to apply afresh.
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.