Biocon is a research-driven, global healthcare company with a strong matrix of capabilities along the biopharmaceutical value chain. Focusing on unmet medical needs in cancer, diabetes and inflammatory diseases, it offers novel therapies on a platform of affordable innovation.
Biocon together with group companies employs more than 2500 employees with approxmimately Rs 1,000 crore turnover and is expected to grow further during the current financial year.
Post: Deputy Manager-C2
Lead Manufacturing Operations for a Plant/plants
· Supervise manufacturing operations across multiple teams
· Create awareness about Standard Operating Procedures, product specifications and safety requirements.
· Prepare and implement production plans for the plant.
· Review and approve production related documentation ( the SOPs, Batch Records etc)
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in plant operations and implement them through management team.
· Ensure effective utilization of resources in the plant.
· Provide appropriate & effective resources for achieving production objectives of the plant.
· Training & development of plant personnel.
· Provide regular reports and inputs to Senior Management.
· Own up audits related to the plant in participation with quality.
· Liaise with various support functions for carrying out smooth operations.
Resolve issues if any & ensure that the regulatory/audit requirements for the plant are met.
• Hands-on experience in operation of centrifuge, reactors, filters pumps, techniques & aseptic operations.
• Should have in-depth knowledge in Current Good Manufacturing Practices. (cGMP)
• Experience in technology transfer & scale-up operations.
• Knowledge of new product development programs.
• Basic financial knowledge.
• Resource management skills
• Demonstrated ability to optimize costs.
• Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement.
Experience: 8-12 Years
Education: B.Tech, M.Sc
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: Production
End Date: 21st July, 2011
Reference ID: HC/JC/214/2011
See All Other Jobs in our Database