Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna, a permanent Institute under Indian Council of Medical Research, Dept. of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India, invites applications from suitable Indian Nationals for appointment on the following posts:
Post: Scientist D
Discipline: Molecular Biology
No. Of Posts: One
PB Scale: PB-3; Rs 15600-39100, GP Rs. 7600
Job Requirement: To carry out research on Visceral leishmaniasis with special reference to molecular biology.
(i) 1st class Master’s degree in Life Science (Zoology, Botany, Molecular biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Applied Biology etc.) from a recognized University OR
2nd Class M.Sc. with Ph.D. degree in any of the above subjects from a recognized university OR
MBBS Degree recognized by MCI
(ii) Eight years R&D experience in the relevant areas from a recognized Institute/ University after obtaining essential qualification.
(2) Desirable: (i) Ph.D. or MD in molecular aspects of Leishmania or any other parasitic disease. (ii) Post doctoral research/teaching experience in above-mentioned subjects from recognized institute/ univeristy(s). (iii) Publication in the relevant field in high impact factor journals (iv) Knowledge of Computer Applications.
(3) Age: Not exceeding 45 years
Post: Scientist C
Discipline: Biochemistry/ Bioinformatics/ Drug Discovery
No. Of Posts: One
PB Scale: PB-3; Rs 15600-39100, GP Rs. 6600
Job Requirement: To carry out research on Visceral leishmaniasis with special reference to biochemistry to identify new targets molecules against leishmaniasis and develop new therapeutics
(i) 1st class Master’s degree in Life Science (Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Molecular biology, Microbiology, Genetics, Biosciences, etc.) from a recognized University OR
2nd Class M.Sc. with Ph.D. degree in any of the above subjects from a recognized University OR
MBBS Degree recognized by MCI
(ii) Five years R&D experience in the relevant areas in Recognized Institute (s) after obtaining essential qualification.
(2) Desirable: (i) Ph.D. or MD in the field of biochemistry, Bioinformatics or Drug discovery in Leishmaniasis or any other parasitic disease. (ii) Post doctoral research/teaching experience in above-mentioned subjects from recognized institute(s). (iii) Publication in the relevant field in high impact factor journals (iv) Knowledge of Computer Applications. (v) Knowledge of protein purification, structure and function analysis (vi) Protein modeling, drug designing, drug development and target identification
(3) Age: Not exceeding 40 years
Age Relaxation: Age may be relaxable up to 5 years for Government servants and SC/ST/OBC candidates in accordance with the instructions issued by the Department of Personnel and Training, Govt. of India from time to time in this regard. However, the prescribed age may be relaxed in exceptional cases for experienced and qualified candidates. One time age relaxation is also allowed to Scientific and technical staff working in long term projects in ICMR Institute/Centres for posts advertised under HRSC, 2007 provided they meet essential qualifications and experience for the post with a view to provide them opportunity to compete with other candidates as per Council’s letter No. 6/1/2007-Asmn. II dated 28.03.2011.
General Relaxation Clause: Age, qualification and experience will be relaxable in deserving cases as mentioned in the Recruitment Rules of Health Research Scientists cadre of ICMR, 2007.
Application forms and other information can be obtained from the office of the Director, Rajendra Memorial research Institute of Medical Sciences, Agamkuan, Patna 800 007 in person or downloaded from ICMR/ Institute’s website icmr.nic.in or rmrims.org.in on or before the closing date. Application forms duly completed in all respects and signed by the applicant should be sent on the above mentioned address and should reach the Institute on or before the closing date along with attested copies of the Certificates in support of date of birth, educational qualification, experience etc. and a crossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) for Rs 100/- (Ruppes One Hundred Only) payable to The Director, Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences. (SC/ST and Physically handicapped candidates (PH) are exempted from the application fee payable in form of IPO. IPOs are payable by all other candidates including ICMR employees.
Incomplete / late applications or without postal orders will not be entertained. Application received after the closing date for whatever reason is liable to be rejected. Application with evidence for proof of age (HSC) certificate), educational qualifications and supporting documents of experiences to be furnished for consideration. Unsigned / Incomplete application or application without supportive evidence asked for/without postal order application received late shall be summarily rejected.
Last date for submission of application:
The interested candidates may submit their duly signed application with current curriculum vitae, recent passport size photograph and all the necessary documents latest by 14.02.2012 to the office of Director, RMRIMS (ICMR), Agamkuan, Patna 800 007, Bihar. The application may be submitted by Registered/Speed post, but it must be reached to the office within the stipulated date mentioned above.
Allowances as per Central Govt. Rules are admissible on the above pay scale. Benefits of new restructured defined contributory Pension system are admissible as per the provision contained in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (ECB & PR Division), Notification No.5/7/2003-ECB & PR dated 22/12/2003 effective from 01/01/2004. Candidates called for interview will be paid a 1st class rail fare by the shortest route on production of documents.
Applications from employees working in Central/State Govt. Departments, Public Sector Undertakings and Government funded research agencies must be forwarded through proper channel. Advance copies of application will be considered subject to the conditions that a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer is produced at the time of personal discussion.
Candidates called for personal discussion / interview have the option to answer in Hindi also.
1) Ph.D degree in subjects relevant to Indian Council of Medical Research shall be treated equivalent to three years experience respectively.
2) Since it is not possible to call all the eligible candidates for the interview / personal discussion, the applicants will be short-listed for this purpose. The decision of the Director General, ICMR will be final in this regard.
3) The short-listed candidates must be present at the time of interview/ personal discussion.
4) Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to selection / recruitment shall be treated as disqualification.
5) This post is with all India transfer liability under the Council. For activities of the above – mentioned Centre, please refer to ICMR website.
See All Other Jobs in our Database
See All PharmaTutor Placements