Opening in NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH IN TUBERCULOSIS to Study the baseline anti TB and anti HIV properties of novel antibiotic Transitmycin
The Tuberculosis Research Centre (TRC), a permanent institute under the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), is an internationally recognized institution for Tuberculosis (TB) research. It is a Supranational Reference Laboratory and a WHO Collaborating Centre for TB Research and Training. Recently, an International Centre for Excellence in Research (ICER) in collaboration with NIH was established at the Centre.
Post: Research Associate
Project Name : Study to Evaluate the baseline anti TB and anti HIV properties of novel antibiotic transitmycin (Tr) isolated from novel marine Streptomyces species R2”
Principal Investigator: Dr Vanaja Kumar, Scientist ‘F’
Salary: 23,000/- + HRA @ 30%
Age as on 6. 1.2012 & Not exceeding
Essential: M.Sc in Life science / Environmental Sciences with Ph.D
5 Years experience in
1). Bioprospecting of Actinomycetes from natural resources
2). Mycobateriology / LRP assay for screening compounds
3). Knowledge of medicinal chemistry
Date of Interview: 6.1.2012
Duration of project: 1 Year
Funding Agency: ICMR
Knowledge in Tamil is a desirable qualification for the post.
* The selected candidate will be posted to work any where in India.
*? The appointment will be purely temporary or on contract basis on a consolidated salary for a period of one year only or till the completion of the study whichever is earlier . The appointee will not have any claim for a regular post in the Institute or in any Department of GOI, or under NIRT/ICMR or continuation of his / her service in any other study.
* Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates will be as per Govt. of India norms.
* NIRT reserves the right not to fill the above post without assigning any reason. The number of vacancy shown is only tentative and it may vary. No enquiry in this regard will be entertained.
* Mere possession of the educational qualifications and requisite experience will not entail any right for selection.
* The salary for the same post may vary depending upon on the funding Agency.
* No TA /DA will be paid for attending the interview.
* The competent authority reserves the right to select the candidate or refuse any or all the candidates at its discretion without any reason.
*? Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other
outside influence with regard to selection, recruitment shall be a disqualification
* The Director-in-charge reserves the right to shortlist the candidates depending upon the number of applications.
Candidates fulfilling the required conditions may download the application form and submit before 10.00 A.M on the interview date and attend the tests and interview along with all original certificates from Matriculation onwards, certificates of experience, list of publications etc with a passport size photograph and attested copies of relevant certificates at National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis, No.1, Sathiyamoorthy Road, Chetput, Chennai 600 031. Late entries will not be entertained.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH IN TUBERCULOSIS
(Formerly Tuberculosis Research Centre)
(Indian Council of Medical Research)
No.1 , Mayor Sathyamoorthy Road,
Chetpet, Chennai 600 031
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.