Opening for Scientist in North East Institute of Science and Technology - 2 vacancies
General terms and conditions:
1. Apart from the post code No.09-E&I, which is specifically reserved for the Hearing Handicapped, the Following posts are also identified suitable for persons with disabilities:
(i) Post code Nos.04-MAEP, 07-BT & 08-BT: OL,BL, OA &OAL
(ii) Postcode Nos.010-NPC,011 NPC,012-NPC : HH & OL
(iii) Postcode No.03-CE: OA, OL & HH
Therefore, persons with hearing impaired and orthopedically handicapped can also apply suitable posts (even though not reserved for them) with necessary testimonials as per DoPT guidelines.
Concession in upper age limit for persons with disabilities shall be 5 years (10 years for SCs/STs and 8 Years for OBCs). This relaxation of age applies to all posts irrespective of the fact whether the post is reserved for PH or not.
Reserved posts of SC/ST/OBC may be applied only by Handicapped persons belonging to the particular category.
Physically handicapped Candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
2. Candidates should ensure that he/she possesses educational qualification/experience in the relevant area as required in the category/post, for which he/she is applying, on the last date of receipt of application.
3. The application has to be submitted only in prescribed proforma issued by CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat. Application submitted in any other format will be summarily rejected.
4. The Advt.No.2/2011-REC alongwith the application forms have been incorporated in CSIR-NEIST-Jorhat websites neist.res.in and rrljorhat.res.in.
5. Separate application should be submitted for each post indicating the name and code number of the post accompanied by separate requisite DD.
6. The Qualifications prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions prior to the last date of submission of applications.
7. The period of experience shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed educational qualification for the post.
8. The candidates applying for the reserved posts should enclose certificate on the prescribed proforma issued by the competent authority in support of their claim of belonging to such categories.
9. Candidate must indicate clearly as to whether any of their blood/close relative is working in NEIST, Jorhat or in CSIR or in any other National Labs. /Instts. of CSIR.
10. The prescribed Upper Age limit for respective posts should not exceed as on 16th January 2012. However, age relaxation for exceptionally meritorious candidates may be considered.
11. Age relaxation:
(a) Special Age Relaxation: Up to the age of 40 years in the case of Widows, Divorced Women and Women Judicially separated from their husbands, who are not re-married.
(b) Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST Candidates and 3 years for OBC Candidates applicable on respective reserved posts only.
(c)Age relaxation up to 5 years may be allowed to the employees of CSIR/Central/State Government/Autonomous bodies/Public Sector undertakings in accordance with the instructions and orders issued by the Govt. of India from time to time in this regard.
(d) Relaxation of upper age limit for Ex. Servicemen will be applicable as per Govt. of India orders issued from time to time.
(e). Relaxation in the upper age limit of 5 years applicable for persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the state of J&K during the period of 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 subject to production of certificate from the District Magistrate in the Kashmir Division within whose jurisdictions he/she had ordinarily resided or from any other authority designated in this behalf by the Govt. of J&K to the effect that he/she had ordinarily being domiciled in the Kashmir Division of J&K during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
(f)Relaxation in age, qualification and/or experience may be permitted if sufficient number of candidates possessing the requisite qualification and/or experience are not likely to be available to fill up the posts.
12. Applications from the candidates working in Govt. departments, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous bodies and Govt. funded research agencies will be considered only if forwarded through proper channel and with a clear certificate that no vigilance case is pending/ being contemplated against him/her and the applicant will be relieved within one month of receipt of appointment order, if selected. The advance copy of application along with DD should reach on or before the last date i.e 16th January 2012 and the application forwarded through proper channel should reach CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat on or before 30 days from the last date of receipt of application. Further, it is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that his/her proper channel application reach within the stipulated time.CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat will not accept any person retaining lien.
13. An application fee of Rs.100/-(Rupees One Hundred only) non-refundable is payable in the form of Demand Draft of nationalized bank, payable at SBI, CSIR-NEIST-Jorhat branch code No.5604 with validity of six months in favour“Director, NEIST-Jorhat”. However, candidates belonging to SC /ST, PH and regular employees of CSIR are exempted from payment of application fee.
14. The prescribed essential qualifications are bare minimums and mere possession of it does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. If number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible for the Institute to arrange interview for all the candidates. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. If required seminar/written test will be conducted for preliminary screening. The candidate should, therefore, mentioned all the qualifications and experiences of the relevant field, and over and above the minimum qualifications prescribed.
15. Synopsis sheet must be filled in by candidates in his/her own handwriting and should include all the relevant information of the candidate as the same will be used for the Screening purpose. The office will not be responsible if a candidate is screened out for not filling up the Synopsis sheet properly.
16. Applications that are incomplete/received after due date /not supported with attested copies of certificates, mark sheets, caste certificates etc,/unsigned/without prescribed application fees etc. will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
17. Outstation candidates called for interview will be paid to and fro single second class rail fare/ ordinary bus fare from the normal place of their residence or that declared in the application or from the actual place of undertaking the journey, whichever is nearer to the place of the interview as per rules. For road journeys between stations not connected by rail,the actual bus fare or road mileage at the lowest rate as admissible under rules, will be-imbursed on production of documentary proof (bus tickets) and provided that the distance covered by road is more than 20 km each way.
18. Candidates of Indian origin settled abroad who are of proven merit, as evidenced by their research work, if suitable for the post may be considered by the selection committee, in absentia, on specific written request of the candidate(for such candidates interview by video conferencing/via internet may be arranged if feasible).
19. The candidates selected for the above posts shall be governed by the revised Contributory Pension Scheme of GOI, as made applicable to CSIR with effect from 01-01-2004.
20. The selected candidates are liable to be posted in any of the establishments under the administrative control of CSIRNEIST, Jorhat/CSIR, situated anywhere in India as and when required.
21. Higher initial pay could be considered for exceptionally meritorious candidates.
22. The decision of NEIST/CSIR in all matters relating to eligibility , acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, conduct of examination / interview will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual or his/her agency.
23. The Number of vacancies indicated against each category is provisional and may vary at the time of actual selection.
24. Canvassing in any form and or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for candidature of the post.
25. Interim queries will not be attended to.
26. The last date for receipt of applications:16th January,2012
Duly filled in and signed application may be sent by Registered Post/Speed Post/By Hand so as to reach the Administrative Officer CSIR- North East Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat , Assam-785006 before 5.00 PM of the last date of receipt application. APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE(S) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
Check list: Please ensure that you have (a) indicated the Advt.No and name of the post applied for on the top middle portion of the envelope, (b) affixed your recent passport size photograph, (c) enclosed application fee of Rs.100/- which is in the form of Demand Draft only, if applicable (d) attached all requisite certificates (attested copies) including SC/ST/OBC/PH certificates as the case may be, issued by appropriate authority, (e) route the application through proper channel if employed in Govt./PSU/Autonomous bodies and (f) signed duly the application, summary sheet/synopsis sheet or any extra paper documents attached with your application .
CSIR-NORTH EAST INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
(Formerly, RRL, Jorhat) JORHAT – 785006
(Council of Scientific & Industrial Research)
Last date of receipt of application:16th January,2012.
“Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply”
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.