The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER) is an Institute of National Importance by an Act of Parliament under the aegis of Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India. The institute is located at S.A.S. Nagar, Punjab adjoining Chandigarh the City Beautiful. The main thrust areas of the institute are Tuberculosis, Malaria, Leishmaniasis and Diabetes. The Institute has excellent facilities for advanced education and research in pharmaceutical sciences and technology and is looking for faculty of high caliber and potential, willing to face the challenge of building this Institute into a center of excellence. The focus is on Master’s, doctoral and postdoctoral programmes.
Post: Assistant Professor
The openings are for three posts of Assistant Professor for the candidates belonging to reserved categories i.e. Scheduled Caste (02) and Scheduled Tribe (01) in the pay band PB-3 (Rs.15600-39100) with an initial start of Rs.30,000/- plus AGP Rs.8000/- plus allowances as admissible from time to time (Total gross emoluments: Rs.70168/- per month approximately).
Applications are invited for the following disciplines:
A. DISCIPLINE OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
1. Pharmaceutical Analysis
2. Pharmaceutical Technology (Formulations)
B. DISCIPLINE OF CHEMICAL SCIENCES
1. Medicinal Chemistry
2. Natural Products
3. Traditional Medicines
5. Pharmaceutical Technology (Bulk Drugs)
C. DISCIPLINE OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
1. Pharmacology & Toxicology
2. Regulatory Toxicology
4. Pharmacy Practices
5. Pharmaceutical Technology (Biotechnology)
D. DISCIPLINE OF MANAGEMENT
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent grade at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least 5 years of teaching/research/industrial experience with published work of high quality. Age limit is 45 years (relaxable for specially qualified candidates).
Application should be accompanied with non-refundable fee of Rs. Rs.250/- in the shape of Demand Draft drawn in favour of Director, NIPER payable at Mohali/Chandigarh.
The faculty of NIPER shall be entitled to Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, LTC and other allowances as per Central Government Rules. In addition, the faculty of the Institute shall be given the following special allowances to help them in their professional development.
a) MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES/PROCURMENT OF JOURNALS
Every faculty member shall get 50% subsidy on the cost of membership or of the journals up to a maximum of Rs. 5,000/- per year.
b) BOOK ALLOWANCE
Every faculty member shall get a book allowance upto maximum of Rs. 5,000/- per year. The books shall ultimately form a part of the Institute’s Library accession.
c) CONTRACT RESEARCH & CONSULTANCY
The Institute encourages the faculty members to undertake consultancy work or work on sponsored projects.
Find more info on Next Page ...
1. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. The Institute reserves the right to place reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for interview.
2. Institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. Institute also reserves the right to fill or not to fill the post and its decision in this regard shall be final.
3. Reservation policy will be followed as per Government of India rules. The SC/ST/ PH candidates are required to attach valid category certificate as per format prescribed by the Government of India.
4. Relaxation for SC / ST candidates will be as per Government of India norms.
5. The process of selection may include presentation/seminar/interview or a combination thereof.
6. Separate application along with separate requisite fee is required to be submitted for each post.
7. Envelope containing the application form must be super scribed ’Application for the post of Assistant Professor’.
8. Applicants serving in Government / Semi-Government / Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous organizations must send their application ‘Through proper channel’.
9. The age of Superannuation will be as per institute norms.
10. Candidates shall have to produce original certificates etc. at the time of interview.
11. Canvassing in any form may lead to cancellation of candidature.
12. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
13. All appointments are contractual in nature for a period of five (05) years (the contract system is likely to be abolished soon) which can be renewed depending upon performance and mutual consent. However, except for the consequences of being on contract, the position filled on contract shall accrue all the benefits of permanency.
14. Incomplete application or without relevant supporting enclosures (self attested copies of degrees/certificates/marks sheets/experience certificates, reprint of important publications, etc.) will be out-rightly rejected.
15. How to Apply: Application form is available at the website of NIPER <niper.gov.in>. The candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria may submit their application on the prescribed application form along with testimonials and latest passport size photograph along with a fee of Rs.250/- in the shape of Demand Draft favouring Director, NIPER, payable at Mohali / Chandigarh to Director, NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar – 160 062.
16. The last date for receipt of application form is 13-02-2012.
17. The Institute will not be responsible for non-receipt of application(s) within the stipulated date due to any postal delay / loss of application / document sent in transit.
See all Other Jobs in Our Database