The Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow is one of the youngest central universities in the country. The jurisdiction of this residential University is over the entire state of Uttar Pradesh. The campus Vidya Vihar is located off Rae Bareli Road, about 10 kms south of the Charbagh Railway Station, Lucknow. The objects of the University IS to promote advanced knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as it may deem fit.
Post: Associate Professor, Assistant Professor
Associate Professor- 2
Category: SC-1, ST-1
Qualification: 1. A Basic degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharm) 2. Registration as a pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act 1948, as amended from time to time, including any succeeding enactments. 3. A Ph.D. Degree with First Class at Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the appropriate branch of specialization in Pharmacy and experience of minimum eight years in teaching, research, industry and / or profession at the level of Lecturer or equivalent grade, excluding period spent on obtaining the research degree.
Specialization of the post: Pharmaceutics / Pharmacology
Assistant Professor- 1
Qualification: First division in B. Pharma. and M. Pharma (Pharmaceutics/ Pharmacology) Ph.D. degree in Pharmaceutics/ pharmacology. Registration as a Pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act 1948, as amended form time to time, including any succeeding enactments.
DETAILS OF PAY SCALE, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES ETC.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Pay Band: Rs.15600-39100 (PB-3) AGP Rs. 6000/-)
i. Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55% of the marks or equivalent grade where grading system is practiced at the Master’s degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
iii. Holders of Ph.D. degree as on the date of Notification of these Regulations, along with those candidates who are awarded a Ph.D. degree through a process of admission, registration, course work and external evaluation as laid down in the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedures for award of M.Phil /Ph.D Degree), Regulations, 2009 and so adopted by the university, shall be exempted from NET/SLET/SET.
iv. NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted subject to the conditions stipulated in the UGC Regulations.
For More Info Go to Next Page...
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR (Pay Scale: Rs.37400-67000 (PB-4) AGP Rs. 9000 ) #
i. Good academic record with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned / allied/relevant disciplines.
ii. 55% of the marks, or equivalent grade wherever grading system is followed at the Master’s degree level.
iii. A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University / College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers in indexed/ISBN/ISSN numbered books/journals and University developed -ISBN/ISSN list of journals hosted in the website of the concerned University.
iv. Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
v. A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) developed by UGC in the Regulations.
1. The 55% marks in Master’s level shall be insisted upon for those entering the system from outside and at the entry point of Assistant Professors, Assistant Librarians, Assistant Director of Physical Education.
2. A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the graduate and master’s level for the SC/ST/Differently-abled (Physically and visually handicapped) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. Rounding off of marks to make it to 55% or 50% as the case may be through grace mark procedure etc., by universities is not permissible for claiming relaxation.
3. A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. degree holders, who have passed their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
4. Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university shall also be considered eligible.
5. The Ph.D. shall be a compulsory requirement for the designation of Professors, Librarians and Physical Education Directors.
6. Ph.D. shall be a compulsory requirement for all candidates applying for direct recruitment as Associate Professor /Deputy Librarian/Deputy Directors of Physical Education.
7. The period of time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. and/or Ph.D shall not be considered as research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions.
8. The above essential qualifications are subject to Regulations as received from MHRD/UGC from time to time.
How to Apply:
Detailed format of Application Form, Pay Band, instructions regarding qualifications and experience etc required for the post(s) can be downloaded from the University website bbau.ac.in. The completed application form along with all required supporting documents should be sent through Registered/Speed Post only to “Registrar (Recruitment Cell), Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Vidya Vihar, Raebareli Road, Lucknow-226025” duly enclosed with crossed demand draft of Rs. 200/- (Rs. 50/- for SC/ST/PH Candidates) drawn in favour of ‘Finance Officer, BBAU, Lucknow’ and must reach latest by 14th August 2013. The last date of receipt of completed application form for Teaching/Non Teaching and Contractual Appointment is 14th August 2013. Envelope containing application should be superscribed as “Application for the Teaching / Non- Teaching / Contractual Teaching Posts- Name of the post applied for:……..”. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
Advertiment No.-02/BBAU/Teaching/Non Teaching – 2013
See All Other Jobs in our Database