Senior Scientist Require in Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology (IGIB) - 2 Openings
1. To apply for Scientist Group IV posts, the applicant must fill in the Electronic Application Form specifically designed for the purpose. Only applications received electronically followed by a hard copy thereof duly signed, will be entertained. The hard copy must accompany one self attested photograph, publication reprints, attested copies of certificates and testimonials and names of six-eight referees with their contact details etc.
2. The number of vacancies indicated is provisional and may vary at the time of selection.
3. The upper age limit will be reckoned as on the last date of receipt of application.
4. Candidates appearing for interview will be paid to and fro single second class rail/bus fare including reservation charges by the shortest route from the place of residence/actual departing station whichever is nearer to Delhi.
5. Candidates from abroad, appearing for interview, will be paid single second class rail fare including reservation charges by the shortest route from the place of landing/disembarkment in India to Delhi and back.
6. Candidates of Indian origin settled abroad, who are of proven merit as evidenced by their research work, may be considered in absentia by the selection committee.
7. Relaxation in upper age limit, qualifications and/or experience, in case of
exceptionally meritorious candidates, (both departmental and outsiders) may be considered with the prior approval of competent authority.
8. Applications from employees of Government/Semi-Govt Departments, Public Sector Undertakings and Autonomous Bodies will be considered only if routed through proper channel.
9. Mere fulfillment of essential educational qualifications and/or experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. The Institute will decide its own criteria to short-list the applications.
10. Each application should be accompanied by a Demand Draft of Rs.100.00 (Rupees One hundred only) drawn in favor of Director, Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology, payable at Delhi (Candidate should write his/her name and date of birth at the back of the DD). Regular employees of CSIR and SC/ST candidates are exempted from payment of application fee. Candidates applying from outside India will have to pay the application fee, if called for interview.
11. Candidates are required to submit a brief-write up on their vision and ideas relevant to the job applied for.
12. Candidates are required to submit names and address/Email/Telephone No. of six to eight Referees.
13. Canvassing in any form or bringing any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
14. For the post of Scientists, upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years for the regular employees working in CSIR Laboratories/Institutes, Government Departments, Autonomous Bodies and Public Sector Undertakings.
15. Upper age limit relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST/Physically handicapped and 3 years for OBC candidates.
16. Relaxation of 5 years will also be permissible to those who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 subject to production of relevant certificate from concerned authority.
17. Period of experience in a discipline/area of work shall be counted from the date of acquiring of minimum prescribed educational qualification.
18. Application not accompanied with prescribed fees (wherever applicable),
incomplete, unsigned, not accompanied with self-attested copies of certificates and received after the prescribed closing date will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
19. A duly constituted Screening Committee shall shortlist the candidates to be called for interview. For this purpose, the committee may also hold a screening test. The decision of the Institute shall be final in this behalf. The short-listed candidates will be notified through our Website followed by interview call letter.
20. HOW TO APPLY: Candidates should apply ON LINE. Hard copy of the online application in duly signed along with application fee recent passport sized photograph, copies of matriculation /SSLC /Degree / provisional degree certificate(s), mark sheets for all the semesters/years, , work experience certificates, testimonials etc should be sent in a sealed cover super scribed “Application for the Post of Scientist Post no. ---“ to Administrative Officer, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, University Campus, Mall Road, Delhi-110007 so as to reach on or before the closing date i.e. 25th August, 2011.
21. The decision of Director, IGIB in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, conduct of interview will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual or his/her agency.
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.