1. UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO:
- It is a top-league University for Research and Medical Sciences well-reputed for its consistent, quality education.
The Master of Science degree in Pharmacy allows the student to specialize in any of the following areas of research namely:
- Drug Discovery
- Drug and Vaccine Delivery Systems and Nano-medicine
- Pharmacotherapy Evaluation
- Molecular Pharmacology
- Rational Drug Design and Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmacodynamics and Toxicology
- Clinical and Post-Marketing
- Phases of Drug Discovery
- Evaluation of Outcomes and
- The admission requirements include a minimum average of 78% in the undergraduate studies, academic transcripts, resume, letters of recommendation and a supplementary information form.
- M.S is offered both part-time and full-time with the coursework including a minimum of three one-term courses each 0.5 unit weight, academic integrity workshop, thesis proposal and thesis defense.
- A minimum of 70% in all the courses is required for completion of the M.S program.
- Guaranteed funding is proposed for all graduate students through studentships, assistantships, scholarships, awards and grants.
2. UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA:
- It is a top research institute well reputed for its courses in Pharmacy, notable faculty and alumni.
- M.S in Pharmacy is a full-time thesis-based program with a minimum of 2 years comprising of two four-month terms with specializations in Pharmaceutical sciences or Pharmacy Practice.
- Academic requirements include TOEFL (550 for paper-based; 213 for computer-based; 88 for internet-based) or IELTS (minimum score of 6.5), a 4 year undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3 out of 4, statement of purpose, resume, previous work experience, GRE and letters of recommendation.
- Funding sources include awards, scholarships, assistantships and Bursaries.
3. DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY:
- It is Canada's oldest and most premium research institute known for its practical based educational training.
- It offers M.S in Pharmacology as well as Pharmaceutical Science with a typical time span of 2 years each.
- M.S in Pharmacology is thesis-based with research focused in cancer, cardiovascular and muscle diseases, Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, epilepsy, and drug abuse. The admission requirements for the same include a minimum average of A- in the undergraduate program along with a good TOEFL score.
- M.S in Pharmaceutical Science is research-intensive and imparts competence in the chosen specialization. The academic requirements for the same include a minimum average of B+ in the undergraduate course along with a good TOEFL score.
- Funding is available in the form of assistantships and scholarships.
4. MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY OF NEWFOUNDLAND:
- It is a large Public University in Canada well known for its Pharmacy-related courses.
- The M.S in Pharmacy is offered by the Health Sciences Center affiliated to the Janeway Child Health and Rehabilitation center offering education in 5 areas namely Medicinal Chemistry/drug design and discovery of new molecules with anti-cancer or anti-infectious properties; Pharmacology/Mechanisms of Toxicity and Protection in Neurons; Pharmacology-Pharmacokinetics/Mechanism of Cellular Failure in Autoimmune Diseases; Therapeutic Drug Monitoring; Pharmacoepidemiology.
- Admission requirements include a minimum average of 75% in the undergraduate program along with good TOEFL scores.
- Funding opportunities are available in the form of scholarships and assistantships.
5. UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO:
- It is a top notch University well known in Canada for its quality education.
- M.S program is offered in Pharmaceutical Sciences as well as Pharmacology and Toxicology with a minimum admission requirement of B in the undergraduate course and good TOEFL scores.
- M.S in Pharmaceutical Science offers research in the various areas of pharmacology, Toxicology, Pharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics.
- Funding opportunities are available for International students through assistantships and awards.
While a M.S in Pharmacy degree offers a wide range of opportunities in the health science sector and Canada offering ample career-based development, the combination makes it the ideal destination for international students.