June 2016 ARTICLE LIST >>
PharmaTutor (June- 2016)
Print-ISSN: 2394 - 6679
e-ISSN: 2347 - 7881
(Volume 4, Issue 6)
Received On: 25/01/2016; Accepted On: 05/02/2016; Published On: 01/06/2016
Ayushi Srivastava*, Veena Gupta
Akums Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Haridwar, India
ABSTRACT: This article undertakes a review and assessment of regulatory framework in the Indian pharmaceutical industry. Understanding the regulatory circumstances in this segment is extremely critical. The Pharmaceutical industry is one of the major industries in India and it contributes a large share in the overall macro level growth of the India. It is one of the most dynamic sectors in the country but its compliance structure is more complex. The pharmaceutical industry has always been a buoyant sector in the eyes of Investors. With increasing returns, lower risks and high growth, investors are more interested in this industry than ever before.
How to cite this article: Srivastava A, Gupta V; Regulatory Canvas of Indian Pharmaceutical Industry: Challenges and Future; PharmaTutor; 2016; 4(6); 15-19
[ABSTRACT WITH CITATION] [VIEW AS HTML]
1. FDI statistics, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotions, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. Available at (http://dipp.nic.in/English/Publications/FDI_Statistics/2014/india_FDI_September2014.pdf.
2. “Indian Pharmaceutical Industry”, available at (http://www.indianmirror.com/indian-industries/pharmaceutical.html)
3. “Obamacare Has Hidden Benefits – For India”. Available at (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-24407452).
4. Available at (http://www.investindia.gov.in/pharmaceuticals-sector/)
5. Available at : (http://www.vakilno1.com/bareacts/drugsandcosmeticsact/drugsandcosmeticsact.html)
6. Available at: (http://www.dsd.gov.za/cda/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=76&Itemid=124).
7. How new price control list impacts Indian pharma companies,” moneycontrol.com, July 23, 2014. http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/how-new-price-control-list-impacts-indian-pharma-cos_1134746.html?utm_source=ref_article. Accessed on October 10, 2014.
8. “Challenges facing India’s pharmaceutical industry,” Centre for Health Solutions, Deloitte LLP, January 20, 2014. http://blogs.deloitte.co.uk/health/2014/01/challenges-facing-indias-pharmaceutical-industry.html. Accessed on October 10, 2014.
9. “Indian drug makers face problems in U.S. due to documentation and data maintenance: Report,” The Economic Times, May 6, 2014. http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-05-06/news/49661819_1_usfda-toansa-indian-drug-makers. Accessed on October 10, 2014.
10. Challenges facing India’s pharmaceutical industry,” UK Centre for Health Solutions, Deloitte LLP, January 20, 2014. http://blogs.deloitte.co.uk/health/2014/01/challenges-facing-indias-pharmaceutical-industry.html. Accessed October 10, 2014
11. Industry Report, Healthcare: India, the Economist Intelligence Unit, July 2014
12. FDI policy for medical devices on the cards,” Business Standard, August 30, 2014. http://www.business-standard.com/article/economy-policy/govt-plans-separate-fdi-policy-for-medical-devices-114082601119_1.html. Accessed October 10, 2014