JUL 2014 ARTICLE LIST >>
PharmaTutor (July- 2014)
ISSN: 2347 - 7881
Received On: 14/05/2014; Accepted On: 20/05/2014; Published On: 01/07/2014
AUTHORS: Patitapabana Parida1*, Bibhukalyan P Nayak1, Subash Chandra Mishra2
1Department of Biotechnology and Medical Engineering,
2Department of Metallurgy & Materials Engineering
National Institute of Technology Rourkela, Odisha, India
Nano structure possesses high surface area that the functional groups can be able to expose their reactive capacity due to high surface energy. So as to consider their size of the amphiphilic nanoparticle dual-surface structure containing body called as janus particle introduced since about twenty years in industry with purpose of drug delivery and diagnostic purpose in the field of paramedical areas. Janus bodies can carry both lipophilic and hydrophilic groups on its surface. Nano-sized morphology could play multiple roles in cancer treatment including diagnosis, biomedical imaging, tissue engineering and drug delivery.
How to cite this article: P Parida, BP Nayak, SC Mishra; Amphiphilic Janus like Particles for Biomedical Application; PharmaTutor; 2014; 2(7); 92-97
[ABSTRACT WITH CITATION] [VIEW AS HTML]
1. Wikipedia F. Janus particles. 2014.
2. Kaewsaneha C, Tangboriboonrat P, Polpanich D, Eissa M, Elaissari A. Facile method for preparation of anisotropic submicron magnetic Janus particles using miniemulsion. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013;409:66-71.
3. Ali N, Zhang B, Zhang H, Zaman W, Li W, Zhang Q. Key synthesis of magnetic Janus nanoparticles using a modified facile method. Particuology. 2014:1-7.
4. Li J, Wang Y, Zhang C, et al. Janus polymeric cages. Polymer (Guildf). 2012;53(17):3712-3718.
5. Pradhan S, Xu L, Chen S. Janus Nanoparticles by Interfacial Engineering. Adv Funct Mater. 2007;17(14):2385-2392.
6. Lattuada M, Hatton TA. Synthesis, properties and applications of Janus nanoparticles. Nano Today. 2011;6(3):286-308.
7. Jiang S, Chen Q, Tripathy M, Luijten E, Schweizer KS, Granick S. Janus particle synthesis and assembly. Adv Mater. 2010;22:1060-1071.
8. Allows IA, Snowmen J, Home S, Map S, Us C. Innovative Approach Allows “ Janus Snowmen ” to be Synthesized. 2014:1-2.
9. Wang W, Zhang J, Li C, et al. Facile access to cytocompatible multicompartment micelles with adjustable Janus-cores from A-block-B-graft-C terpolymers prepared by combination of ROP and ATRP. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2014;115:302-9.
10. Champion J a, Katare YK, Mitragotri S. Particle shape: a new design parameter for micro- and nanoscale drug delivery carriers. J Control Release. 2007;121(1-2):3-9.
11. Kaewsaneha C, Bitar A, Tangboriboonrat P, Polpanich D, Elaissari A. Fluorescent-magnetic Janus particles prepared via seed emulsion polymerization. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014;424:98-103.
12. Furlan M, Kluge J, Mazzotti M, Lattuada M. Preparation of biocompatible magnetite–PLGA composite nanoparticles using supercritical fluid extraction of emulsions. J Supercrit Fluids. 2010;54(3):348-356.
13. Search Meeting At-A-Glance Browse ... Create an Itinerary AIChE Home Page Google Yelp Facebook Twitter ChEnected. 2014:337461.
14. Bao H, Bihr T, Smith A-S, Klupp Taylor RN. Facile colloidal coating of polystyrene nanospheres with tunable gold dendritic patches. Nanoscale. 2014;6(8):3954-66.
15. Tsuji H, Hayakawa T. Hetero-stereocomplex formation between substituted poly(lactic acid)s with linear and branched side chains, poly(l-2-hydroxybutanoic acid) and poly(d-2-hydroxy-3-methylbutanoic acid). Polymer (Guildf). 2014;55(3):721-726.
16. Ghosh PK, Misko VR, Marchesoni F, Nori F. Self-Propelled Janus Particles in a Ratchet: Numerical Simulations. Phys Rev Lett. 2013;110:268301.
17. Wang F, Pauletti GM, Wang J, et al. Dual surface-functionalized Janus nanocomposites of polystyrene/[email protected] for simultaneous tumor cell targeting and stimulus-induced drug release. Adv Mater. 2013;25:3485-9.
18. Zhang Z, Ma R, Shi L. Cooperative Macromolecular Self-Assembly toward Polymeric Assemblies with Multiple and Bioactive Functions. Acc Chem Res. 0(0):null.
19. Shi Y, Li Y, Wu J, Wang W, Dong A, Zhang J. A novel transdermal drug delivery system based on self-adhesive Janus nanofibrous film with high breathability and monodirectional water-penetration. J Biomater Sci Polym Ed. 2014;25(7):713-728.
20. Shao S, Si J, Tang J, Sui M, Shen Y. Jellyfish-Shaped Amphiphilic Dendrimers: Synthesis and Formation of Extremely Uniform Aggregates. Macromolecules. 2014;47(3):916-921.
21. Kaewsaneha C, Tangboriboonrat P, Polpanich D, Eissa M, Elaissari A. Preparation of Janus colloidal particles via Pickering emulsion: An overview. Colloids Surfaces A Physicochem Eng Asp. 2013;439:35-42.
22. Schick I, Lorenz S, Gehrig D, et al. Multifunctional Two-Photon Active Silica-Coated [email protected] Janus Particles for Selective Dual Functionalization and Imaging. J Am Chem Soc. 2014;136:2473-83.
23. Wang, Weiwei, et al. "Facile access to cytocompatible multicompartment micelles with adjustable Janus-cores from A-block-B-graft-C terpolymers prepared by combination of ROP and ATRP." Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 115, 2014: 302-309.
24. Gao, Jinhao, et al. "Fluorescent magnetic nanocrystals by sequential addition of reagents in a one-pot reaction: a simple preparation for multifunctional nanostructures." Journal of the American Chemical Society 129.39, 2007: 11928-11935.