The Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB) is a premier research organization in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high quality basic research and training in frontier areas of modern biology, and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology.
Applications are invited from the eligible Indian National for temporary position(s) on contractual basis as indicated hereunder. Candidates who fulfill the criteria should apply online.
Senior Project Associate
Total Number of positions : 3
Upper Age limit (years) : 40
Monthly Emoluments : 42,000/- + HRA
Post Code/ No. of Positions/ Area : 010923 - 1 Position – Outreach coordinator
Project Code & Title : HCP0101, CSIR-Jigyasa
Essential Qualification : (i) Master’s Degree in Sciences, Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or equivalent AND (ii) Four years’ experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organizations and Scientific activities and services OR Doctoral Degree in Science/ Engineering/ Technology from a recognized University or equivalent
Desirable / Job description : Demonstrated ability in science communication – written and oral. Experience in participating in institutional outreach events in science research institutes or science festivals.
Name of the PI : Dr. Somdatta Karak
Duration of the project : March 2026
Post Code/ No. of Positions/ Area : 020923 - 1 Position – Plant ecology, trait ecology, botany, plant ecophysiology
Project Code & Title : GAP 0578 Understanding how trait-based coordination of shade- and drought-tolerance regulates seedling dynamics in fragmented wet tropical forests
Essential Qualification : Doctoral Degree in Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Botany or related field from a recognized University or equivalent
Desirable / Job description - Fieldwork experience of at least two years in plant ecology and/or trait ecology
- Ability and strong interest in taxonomic identification of plants
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency with data analysis in Program R
- Demonstrated track record of publications
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- Strong work ethic and independent project management abilities
- Ability to work in remote locations and tough conditions
- Experience using linear mixed effects models with good knowledge of model inference
Job description : This project aims to assess how plant functional traits explain inter- species variation in seedling response to light and water availability, and link findings to habitat fragmentation and global change. The postdoctoral researcher will manage field teams, conduct vegetation census, collect environmental data, help with functional traits assessment, collate and analyze data, and prepare manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
Name of the Dr. : Meghna Krishnadas
Duration of the project : 08.02.2025
Post Code/ No. of Positions/ Area : 030923 - 1 Position – Bioinformatic and biostatistical analysis of high throughput OMIC data on human subjects including system-based approach to assimilate the OMIC data with clinical, biochemical, metabolomic data to draw meaningful conclusions related to disease susceptibility, preferably in non-communicable diseases.
Project Code & Title : GAP0459 Epigenetic mechanisms linking maternal preconceptional micronutrient supplementation with offspring health in India and Gambia (EMPHASIS)
Essential Qualification : Master’s Degree in Natural Sciences or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent AND Four years’ experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organizations and Scientific activities and services OR ME/M. Tech in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or equivalent with two years’ experience in R&D in Industrial and Academic Institutions or S&T Organizations and Scientific activities and services OR Doctoral Degree in Science/ Engineering/ Technology/ Pharma/ MD/ MS from a recognized University or equivalent
Desirable / Job description : Experience in analysis of high throughput genomic and epigenomic data such as Next Generation Sequencing based data. Should be well versed with Linux/bash/command line interface, and have the ability to create and modify custom pipelines for data analysis. Should also have experience in bioinformatic and statistical tools for system based analysis combining various kinds of OMIC data as well as large phenotype data. Good programming knowledge with proficiency in at least one language such as C, C++, R, Python, JS, or Perl, as demonstrated by publications or github profile or other code repositories will be preferred.
Name of the PI : Dr. Giriraj Ratan Chandak
Duration of the project : 30.06.2024
Total Number of positions : 1
Essential Qualification : (i) Master’s Degree in Natural Sciences or bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or equivalent and (ii) 2 years experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or science and Technology Organizations and Scientific activities and services
Upper Age limit (years) : 35
Monthly Emoluments : (i) 35,000/- p.m. + HRA to Scholars who are selected through (a) National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or (b) A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions. (ii) Rs. 28,000/- p.m. + HRA as applicable/admissible for others who do not fall under (i) above.
Post Code/ No. of Positions/ Area : 040923 - 1 Position - Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics
Project Code/ Title : GAP0604 Determination of diet of red panda (Ailurus fulgens) in the wild through scat analysis
Desirable / Job description
• Two years of experience in molecular biology techniques like DNA isolation, PCR, library preparation for NGS and/ or at least one year of experience in analysis of high throughput genomic data such as Next Generation Sequencing based data in areas of population genomics, metagenomics, microbiome.
• Good programming knowledge with proficiency in at least one language such as C, C++, R, Python, JS, or Perl, as demonstrated by publications or github profile or other code repositories
• Should be well versed with Linux/bash/command line interface, and have the ability to create and modify custom pipelines for data analysis Experience with analysis of population level genomic data or metagenomics will be considered favourably
Name of the PI : Dr. P Anuradha Reddy
Duration of the project : 09-08-2025
General terms and conditions
1. How to apply Candidates who fulfill the criterion to fill up the ONLINE APPLICATION format by clicking on the following link……..
2. Number of posts Director, CCMB reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of positions and also cancel the recruitment process for the positions mentioned above at any stage of the recruitment process. The decision of the Director, CSIR-CCMB will be final and binding.
3. Age relaxation Age relaxation as per CSIR/Govt. of India guidelines. Age will be calculated as on the last date of receipt of online applications.
4. Awaiting result/ Pursuing degree Those candidates who are still pursuing/ awaiting result for their degree M.Sc./ B.Tech./ PhD or any other qualification for the above post(s) as on the date of application will not be considered.
5. Eligibility criterion Candidate should note that non-fulfillment of the eligibility criterion will result in cancellation of candidature at any stage
6. Experience The period of experience in a discipline / area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed educational qualifications prescribed for that post.
7. Screening of applications The applicants will be subjected to short listing by CCMB scientists/designated committee according to the current requirement and the candidate’s shortlisted for interview will be displayed on CCMB website.
8. Selection procedure The candidate(s) shortlisted by CCMB scientists/designated committee have to appear for interview in person/online before the Selection Committee. The date, time and venue of the test/interview will be notified in due course through email only.
9. Result / Panel for waitlisted candidate Based upon the performance of candidates in the interview, result of selected candidates against the number of post available in the project for each post code, will be declared and posted on CCMB website. A panel of waitlisted candidates in order of merit will also be formed for each post code, which will be valid for one year. The panel may be operated on the recommendation of Project Investigator for meeting out any future requirement in the project arises due to resignation of incumbent/ non-joining of selected candidates/ further unforeseen/urgent requirement of project manpower for the same position in same project.
10. Engagement The engagement shall be initially for a short duration based on availability of funds which may be extended or curtailed based on the conduct and the performance of the incumbent as well as requirement of the institute. However, the engagement will not be beyond the tenure of the project and shall expire automatically on the expiry of project tenure, in which candidate has been selected. The engagement under projects does not confer any right/claim whatsoever, either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR/CCMB, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions or precedent. The engagement of project staff in different projects either in same Lab/Instt. or different Lab.Instt. of CSIR taken together shall not exceed 5 years in any case.
11. Leave The incumbent would not be entitled to any kind of regular leave. However, they would be allowed for one-day Leave for each completed month.
12.TA/DA No TA/ DA admissible for attending test/interview, joining the position.
13. Office timings/ Working hours The incumbent is required to perform the assigned duties during working hours i.e. from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM on working days. The incumbent will not be allowed to take up any other assignment during the period of engagement. He /She may be required to work on Saturday/Sunday/other Gazetted holidays and beyond working hours also if need be.
14. Tax deduction at source The Income Tax or any other tax liable to be deducted, as per the prevailing rules will be deducted at source before effecting the payment.
15. Confidentiality of data and documents The Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) of the data collected as well as the deliverables produced for the office shall remain with this office. No one shall utilize or publish or disclose or part with, to a third party, any part of the data or statistics or proceedings or information collected for the purpose of this assignment or during the course of assignment for the office, without the express written consent of the office. The incumbent shall be bound to hand over the entire set of records of assignment to the Office before the expiry of the contract, and before the final payment is released by the office.
16. Termination of Service The performance of project personnel would be reviewed periodically so that candidates not found up to the mark, could be terminated. The engagement may be terminated at any time by the office without assigning any reasons by giving a one month notice. In case, the person desires to leave the assignment, he/she may also do so by giving one month notice or payment of one month stipend in lieu of, which can be condoned/ curtailed/ extended depending upon the discretion of the Competent Authority.
17. DISCLAIMER Candidates who are applying for any of the above post shall ensure that they fulfill the essential qualifications. If they apply without fulfilling the essential qualifications then it will be considered that they are giving wrong/misleading information. The ONUS OF THIS ACTION WILL BE ON THE CANDIDATE and not on the Institute. In case they are found not fulfilling the essential criteria or that they have provided misleading information, then their candidature for the post may be rejected at any stage of selection or after selection.
18. Disqualification Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post
Last date to submit application through online : 18th September 2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database