NIPER Ahmedabad was initiated with three specializations Biotechnology, Natural Products and Pharmaceutics and over the period of time three more specializations Pharmaceutical Analysis, Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology and Toxicology were added in 2010. Subsequently in 2011, to cater the needs of Medical device industry in India, another feather was added to the cap of NIPER Ahmedabad in the form of specialization in Medical Devices.
Post : SRF / RA
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for a SRF/RA position in a ICMR funded project to be undertaken at the Department of Biotechnology, NIPER - Ahmedabad. The position is temporary, and the job offer will be initially for one year that can be extended further for two more years based on the performance and will be co-terminus with the project. The requisite qualification & experience etc., are given below.
Project Title : Development and validation of Patient-derived organoids as an in-vitro drug screening model for predicting treatment for oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma patients
Salary : Rs. 35000 + 9450 (27% HRA) = 44,450
Funding Agency : Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
Desirables Qualification and Experience
• M.Sc./M.Tech/MPharm/Masters degree in Life Sciences/ Biotechnology or Equivalent with minimum 60% marks or a minimum CGPA of 7.0 on a 10 point scale
• At least 2 years of the research experience after masters degree.
• Candidate having experience in cell and organoid culture / 3D cell culture/ Molecular and cellular assays/ transduction/transfection, CRISPR-Cas9 assays or RNA-seq/ NGS data analysis/ R/ Python will be preferred.
The primary focus areas of the project are:
1) Generation of tumoriods/organoids
2) Next-generation sequencing, including RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, HiC
3) CRISPR assays in cell lines
4) In vitro and In vivo assays
Dr. Amit Mandoli Assistant Professor (Department of Biotechnology)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Hemant Kumar Assistant Professor (Department of Pharmacology)
Email : email@example.com
Interested candidates should send their applications strictly in the attached application format via email to the Registrar, NIPER-A (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to the Principal investigator on Email id (email@example.com) on or before 6th September 2023. Please write “Application for SRF/RA” in the subject line of the email. The interview (offline/online) will be held on Thrusday, 12th September, 2023 from 10:00 M onwards.
Date and time of the Interview : Shortlisted candidates would be intimated by e-mail for the interview scheduled on 12 September, 2023
• Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification.
• No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification of candidature.
• The application should be strictly according to the attached format.
See All Other Jobs in our Database