During that time with the help and support of Dr. B.C. Roy an eminet physician and then chief minister of West Bengal, the foundation of the present day Chittaranjan Cancer Hospital(CCH) was laid.The hospital was formally inaugurated by Prof. Madam J.Curie in January 2,1950 and named after Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Das, as a tribute to and in the acknowledgment of the enormous donation of his land and property for the cause.Initially this was a Cancer treatment centre, which gradually expanded its activities in basic and clinical research with the assistance from goverment funding organzations.This eventually led to the founding of the Chittaranjan National Cancer Research Centre (CNCRC),funded by the Goverment of India in 1957, which was committed to basic research on cancer.
Post : Junior Research Fellows (JRFs)
No. of Vacancies : 15 (UR: 06, EWS: 02, OBC: 04, SC: 02 and ST: 01)
Age limit : Should be 28 years or below on the closing date of submission of online application.
Age relaxation is applicable as per Government of India rules.
Nationality : The applicant must be an Indian Citizen. Fellowship: CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR direct fellowship holders are eligible.
Qualification Required : NET [CSIR/UGC/DBT(CAT-I)/ICMR] or any other fellowship for reserved categories may also apply] examination qualified, Junior Research Fellowship holder candidates having independent fellowship, with master degree (55% and above or equivalent GPA) in Chemistry/Biology or any branch of Life Sciences are eligible to apply.
Students in their final year of masters may also apply, provided they fulfil other qualifications.
Choice of Research Areas under different CNCI faculties
1. Dr. Biswarup Basu ; Neurobiology of Cancers, Neuro-Oncology, Neuroendocrine and Brain Tumors
2. Dr. Nabanita Chatterjee Cancer ; immunology, metabolism and metastasis
3. Dr. Sankhadeep Dutta ; Molecular Cancer Genetics; Molecular Virology; Cell Biology
4. Dr. Sutapa Mukherjee ; Cell Biology, Cancer Stem Cell Biology, Molecular Basis of Therapy Resistance
5. Dr. Prosenjit Saha ; Cancer chemoprevention, Cancer Stem Cell Biology, Tumor microenvironment and metastasis
6. Dr. Subhadip Hajra ; Anticancer Drug Development, Cancer Stem Cell Biology, Tumor metastasis
7. Dr. Avik Biswas ; Molecular oncology of hepatitis B virus, Protein-RNA / protein-protein interactions in cancer signal transduction
8. Dr. Vilas D. Nasare ; Molecular Biology
9. Dr. Dona Sinha ; Environmental carcinogenesis; Epithelial mesenchymal transition and cancer metastasis; Redox biology of cancer
10. Dr. Arpita Chandra ; Organic and Inorganic Chemistry
11. Dr. Ugir Hossain Sk ; Design and synthesis of small molecules/polymeric drug delivery nano-carrier and their implication against cancer.
The candidates shortlisted for selection interview will be notified through CNCI website/email and the interview date will be notified.
Terms & Conditions : The engagement of Fellow is purely temporary and therefore, does not confer any right/ claim implicit or explicit for regularization or absorption against any post. The age and qualifications will be as on last date of submitting the online application. The upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/PH and women candidates as per rules. Actual number post may vary at the time of selection.
Application Procedure: Interested and eligible candidates are requested to submit their online application through the URL (cnci.ac.in/portal) available in CNCI website, within 21 days from the date of publication of this advertisement.
See All Other Jobs in our Database