Dr Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences (DRILS) is a not for profit Research Institute with a mission to be the preferred research partner to the pharma and life sciences industry. DRILS focuses on original research and advancement of relevant skills, with emphasis on solution-oriented interdisciplinary research for solving unmet needs and for process innovation. The Institute has been set up on a public- private partnership model by Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, the Government of Telangana, and the University of Hyderabad, and is governed by a Board of Directors comprising eminent scientists and visionaries.
Post : Junior Research Fellow in DST-SERB funded project
Applications are invited for the following Junior Research Fellow (temporary position coterminous with the project) position under a DST funded research project on “Investigating the role of nutrient dependent O-linked Glycosylation of SIRT6 in regulating hepatic functions and physiology”
Fellowship : Rs. 31,000 plus 24% HRA (total Rs. 38,440)
Duration : The duration of the fellowship is until the end of the grant (October 2025). However, the performance of the candidate will be rigorously reviewed every 6 months and the fellowship will be renewed only upon satisfactory performance.
Academic qualifications :
• Post-graduate degree in Basic Sciences or Graduate/M.Tech/Post-graduate degree in professional course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
a. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR UGC NET including Lectureship and GATE
b. Selection process through National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IISc, IISER etc.
Experience : • 1-2 years in the areas of Molecular Biology and Cell biology. Candidates with prior hands-on experience with cell culture and biochemistry work are preferred.
Personal attributes :
• The candidate should be motivated, committed and should be able to work in independently and in teams.
1) Literature search.
2) Design, plan and execute experiments under the supervision of the scientist.
3) Provide scientific support to the scientist in his research activities.
4) Bookkeeping and maintenance of stocks and consumables
Scope of experimental work :
• Cloning and site directed mutagenesis
• Molecular Biology
• Cell culture work including primary and secondary cell lines
• Biochemical Assays such as protein immunoprecipitation and Imaging analysis
Award of PhD
The Project Associate position will not lead to a PhD. However, outstanding performers may be considered for PhD program solely at the discretion of the institution.
Qualified and interested candidates may send their curriculum vitae by e-mail to email@example.com on or before 25th September 2023 with "DST-SIRT6 Project" as the subject line of the email. There will be two rounds of interview. Shortlisted candidates will be first interviewed through MS-Team’s/telecon followed by a personal interview at Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
See All Other Jobs in our Database