The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world. The ICMR has always attempted to address itself to the growing demands of scientific advances in biomedical research on the one hand, and to the need of finding practical solutions to the health problems of the country, on the other. The ICMR has come a long way from the days when it was known as the IRFA, but the Council is conscious of the fact that it still has miles to go in pursuit of scientific achievements as well as health targets.
Post : Consultant Scientific (Project Coordinator)
ICMR Headquarters intends to engage following Non-Institutional project human resource positions, purely on temporary contract basis for itsshort-term research projects, being undertaken at Division of Epidemiology and Communicable Diseases (ECD) (Unit-Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Tribal Health), ICMR Hqrs Office, New Delhi, through walk-in Interview on 7thOctober 2022 at ICMR-NIMS building for its short-term project, titled, “A Demonstration Project for Reduction of Tuberculosis in India- a multicentric study”
MBBS with MD / MS / DNB with 1 year experience in research with publications OR MBBS with Diploma in Clinical Research with 2 years experience / Medical subjects after MBBS with 4 years' experience in Research with publications OR 1st Class M.Sc./ M.Pharma in Medical Pharmacology/ Biotechnology / Clinical Research / Microbiology / Biochemistry / Life Sciences with Ph.D. in relevant subject with 4 years experience with publicationsin Clinical Studies.
Desirable Qualification and Experience :
i) Experience in conducting nutritional studies, planning and executing/community studies, intervention studies in the field of Public Health.
ii) Manage & Coordinate multi-centric field studies iii) Convene meetings and write minutes. Coordinate with sites and research Institutes in consultation with Project PI
iv) Experience in manuscript writing
v) Independently initiating and handling research projects in the related areas
vi) Knowledge of computer applications /data management/Report writing, data mining, working on databases.
vii) Experience in managing and maintaining databases for research projects.
viii) Knowledge of GCP, ICH guidelines and regulatory requirements for clinical trial conduct.
ix) Any other job assigned by the competent authority or PI of the Project.
Nature of duties :
i) Participate in planning and execution of project field work and provide training to the site/centre (s).
ii) Data management, organising meetings and minute writing.
iii) Field supervision, planning and managing overall project implementation and reporting.
iv) Handling project related documents and accounts.
v) Conducting periodic meetings with the field investigators and ensure that the all processes are carried out precisely.
vi) Periodic field visit to the allocated district (if required). The candidate may have to stay in the district for few days.
Consolidated emoluments (per month) : Rs 90,000/- (consolidated) with no other allowances
Max age limit : 55 years
General Terms and conditions : -
1. Number of positions may vary.
2. These positions are meant for temporary projects and co-terminus with the project.
3. Engagement of the above advertised Project Human Resource Positions will depend upon availability of funds, functional requirements and approval of the Competent Authority. Therefore, we are not committed to fill up all the advertised Project Human Resource Positions and the process is liable to be withdrawn / cancelled / modified at any time.
4. The rates of emoluments/stipend shown in this advertisement are project specific and may vary according to sanction of the funding agency of the Project.
5. Cut-off date for age limit will be as on the date of last date for submission of applications.
6. Age relaxation will be as per the guidelines of ICMR.
7. Reserved category candidates must produce their latest Caste Validity Certificate. OBC candidates must possess a latest valid non-creamy layer certificate. PWD candidates shall produce latest disability certificate issued by a Medical board of Government hospital with not less than 40% disability.
8. Separate application should be submitted for each position. Allotment of project to the successful candidates will be decided by the competent authority at its discretion.
9. Qualification & experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from an Institution of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
10. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee the selection.
11. Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organizations are not eligible to apply.
12. No TA/DA will be paid to attend interview / personal discussion and candidates have to arrange transport/accommodation themselves.
13. ICMR reserves rights to consider or reject any application/candidature.
14. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
15. The persons engaged on Project Human Resource Positions cannot be permitted to register for Ph.D., due to time constraints.
16. The persons engaged on Project Human Resource Positions will normally be posted at the study site; however, they can be posted to any other sites in the interest of research work. They are liable to serve in any part of the country.
17. The persons engaged on Project Human Resource Positions shall not have any claim on a regular post in ICMR or in any of its Institutes/Centers or in any Department of Government of India and their project term with breaks or without breaks in any or multiple projects will not confer any right for further assignment or transfer to any other project or appointment/absorption/regularization of service in funding agency or in ICMR. Benefits of Provident Fund, Pension Scheme, Leave Travel Concession, Medical claim, Staff Quarters and other facilities applicable to the regular staff of ICMR etc. are not admissible to the project human resource positions.
18. Successful candidates will normally be engaged on Project Human Resource Position initially for a period of one year or less, depending upon the tenure of the Project and functional requirements. Continuation / Extension to engagement of Project Human Resource Positions will be depending upon evaluation of performance, tenure of the project, availability of funds, functional requirements and approval of Competent Authority. The maximum term of any Project Human Resource Position in any or multiple projects, with breaks or without breaks shall be five years only.The concerned Project Investigator, Division Head and Head of the host Institute shall personally be responsible and accountable for the continuation / extension given if any without prior concurrence of the Director General, ICMR to any project human resource position beyond five years either with or without breaksin any or multiple projects.
19. ICMR reserves the right to terminate the project human resource position even during the agreed contract period or extended contract period without assigning any reason.
20. Leave shall be as per the ICMR’s policy for project human resource positions.
21. Candidate must submit his/her duly filled in application form in the prescribed format with a recent passport size color photograph along with a detailed bio-data/C.V. and all relevant documents; duly self-attested; in proof of his/her educational qualifications [all certificates and mark-sheets from 10th Std. onwards], working experience, age, caste and photo id [Aadhar Card/Indian Passport/PAN Card/Driving License] etc., within the schedule date and time for submission of application, failing which his/her candidature will not be considered. Late/Delayed/Incomplete/Unsigned applications will not be considered at all and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
22. ICMR reserves the right to cancel/modify the process at any time, at its discretion.
23. The decision of the Competent Authority will be final and binding.
24. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
25. Corrigendum/addendum/further information; if any; in respect of this advertisement, will be published on our website only. Hence, the candidates are advised to see the website of ICMR regularly for further updates related to this advertisement.
Deserving candidates may come for send Walk-in-Interview on 07/10/2022 along with 5 copies of their Bio-data.The candidates must reach before 10:30 AM on 07/10/2022. The verification of the documents of the candidate will start at 10.30AM and eligible candidates after verification would be admitted for Walk-in-Interview from 11:00 A.M. onwards on 07/10/2022.
See All Other Jobs in our Database