Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur is a non–affiliating, technological University set up by the Govt. of U.P. vide Act no. 22 of 2013 with necessary infrastructural facilities for campus life, teaching, research and development. The University has Ph.D., M. Tech., M.C.A., M.B.A., M. Sc., B. Tech., B.B.A. and B. Pharm. Programmes. The University has progressive, forward looking governance committed to providing ample scope for professional development of faculty members and its students.
Post : Lecturer / Assistant Professor
Minimum Qualification :
i) Basic degree in B. Pharm with First Class
ii) Registration as a pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act.
iii) Master’s degree in Pharmacy (M. Pharm.) in appropriate branch of specialization in Pharmacy.
iv) A PCI recognized Pharm. D degree holder shall also be eligible for the posts of Assistant Professor in the subjects of pathophysiology, pharmacology and pharmacy practice.
Note : A lecturer will be re-designated as Assistant Professor after 2 years of teaching experience in PCI approved/ recognized Pharmacy College.
1. Equivalence for PhD is based on publication of 5 International SCI Journal papers, each Journal having a cumulative impact index of not less than 2.0, with incumbent as the main author and all 5 publications being in the authors’ area of specialization.
2. PhD should be from a recognized University.
3. Qualifications as above shall be mandatory, and no relaxation is admissible. Mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
4. If a class/division is not awarded, minimum of 60% marks in aggregate shall be considered equivalent to first class/division. If a 10 Grade Point System is adopted, the CGPA will be converted into equivalent marks as below. For the cases not covered in this will be converted using conversion criteria prescribed by AICTE.
Grade Point & Equivalent Percentage
6.25 : 55%
6.75 : 60%
7.25 : 65%
7.75 : 70%
8.25 : 75%
1. Minimum qualifications and/or experience mentioned above are subject to rules/ regulations/ norms/ directives including amendments in the present regulations as stipulated by the AICTE/ UGC / PCI/ State Govt. or any other Competent Authority applicable to such recruitments.
2. Applicants must fulfill the minimum qualifications and/or experience prescribed for the posts. Period spent by the candidates to acquire Ph. D. degree shall not be considered as research experience.
3. It shall be the responsibility of the candidates to assess their eligibility for the post for which they are applying in accordance with the prescribed qualifications and/or experience and submit the application duly filled-in, along with the desired information and documents as per the advertisement. Suppression of information, submission of fake documents, providing false or misleading information or canvassing in any manner on part of the candidates shall lead to their disqualification. In case, it is detected at any time in the future, even after appointment, that the candidate was not eligible, appointment of the candidate shall be liable to termination forthwith as per this clause. In case of any ambiguity in the recruitment rules in general and eligibility for any post, the decision of the University shall be final.
4. The cutoff date for determining the eligibility shall be the last date of submission of online application form i.e., 11.10.2021. Candidates not possessing the prescribed qualification and/or experience as on the last date of online application shall not be considered in any case.
5. The qualification and experiences prescribed above are the minimum and mere possession of the same shall not entitle a candidate to be called for written test/ interview.
6. Applications that are incomplete in any respect, not submitted through the prescribed link, or received after the last date shall not be entertained.
7. Separate application form along with prescribed fee should be submitted for each post applied for.
8. All regular posts carry dearness allowances and other allowances as per University rules.
9. The University reserves the right:
a. To increase/decrease the number of posts at the time of interview/selection and make appointments accordingly.
b. To withdraw the advertisement either partly or fully at any time without assigning any reason.
c. To fill or not to fill up some or all the posts advertised for any reasons whatsoever.
d. To alter/insert any corrections/additions in the advertisement on the website, if required, before the last date prescribed for submission of online applications.
e. To cancel any communication made to a candidate in case of any inadvertent error in the process of selection that is detected at any stage even after the issuance of appointment letter.
10. A Scrutiny cum Screening Committee duly constituted by the University shall scrutinize all the applications received. Applications for the regular posts of Assistant Professor shall be scrutinized based on criterion mentioned in Appendix II Table 3A of UGC Notification No. F.1-2/2017(EC/PS) dated 18th July 2018 (https://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/4033931_UGC-Regulation_min_Qualification_Jul2018.pdf ) and those for regular posts of Associate Professor and Professor shall be scrutinized based on criteria mentioned in Appendix II Table 2 of the aforesaid UGC notification. No representation from those not being recommended and not called for the interview shall be entertained at any stage.
11. EWS candidates are required to submit a valid certificate in prescribed format of the Government of duly issued by the Competent Authority.
12. Candidates already in employment are required to submit the “No Objection Certificate” at the time of submitting online application form or at the time of interview.
13. Experience and Qualifications will be reckoned as on the last date of submission of online application form.
14. Application fee shall be Rs. 1500/- for General and OBC candidate and Rs. 750/- for SC/ST, EWS candidates and No Fees for PwD candidate. All Fees shall be payable online only .
15. Number and nature of the vacancies may change. No claim shall be admissible arising out of change in nature and/or number of posts advertised.
16. Print out of online application form must be supported by self-attested copies of marks sheets/certificates/ degrees/caste certificate/age certificate/ experience certificate/no objection certificate/list of titles, books, research papers, articles, publications, patents etc. as mentioned in application form. A passport size self-attested photograph should be affixed on the application form in the space provided.
17. The recruitment process can be cancelled/ suspended/ terminated without assigning any reasons. The decision of the University shall be final, and no appeal shall be entertained.
18. Candidates applying for the post of Professor and Associate Professor in Engineering & Technology disciplines are also supposed to satisfy the minimum research score criteria of 120 and 75 respectively, as given in Appendix II, Table 2 of the UGC Notification No. F.1-2/2017(EC/PS) Dated 18th July, 2018.
19. Employed candidates must send their applications through proper channel. However, an advance copy may be sent to reach before the last date and the application duly forwarded through proper channel must reach within 15 days from the last date of submitting online application failing which the candidature shall stand cancelled automatically.
20. Candidates called for interview shall not be entitled for any T.A./D.A. Candidates called for writeen test /interview shall have to essentially come with the original documents in support of their claim in application form and as prescribed in interview letter, failing which they shall not be considered for interview.
21. Candidates belonging to the Category of Schedule Caste (SC) / Schedule Tribe (ST) / Other Backward Class (OBC)/ Economic Weekar Section (EWS) of UTTAR PRADESH are only eligible for reservation in respective Category. Such candidates shall have to produce the category certificate as proof of being from respective category. Candidates from OBC category shall have to produce OBC category certificate issued on a date not earlier than 6 months at the time of interview. Candidates failing to produce the valid category certificate as prescribed by U.P. Govt. shall not be allowed to appear in interview and University will not be responsible for the consequences arising out of it.
22. Addendum/ corrigendum/ notices to this advertisement, if any, shall be published only on the University website (http://www.mmmut.ac.in) and will not be published in the newspapers. Therefore, candidates are advised to visit the University website regularly.
23. Candidates selected against the regular posts shall be initially appointed on probation, period of which shall be two years in case of Assistant Professor and Associate Professor, and one year in case of Professor. Probation period is subject to extension if the performance is not satisfactory. However, the University reserves the right to make appointment for limited period on any of such posts.
24. Last date to submit online applications is 11.10.2021. Print out of the completed online application form submitted through the prescribed link with proof of prescribed fee deposition and all necessary enclosures/ documents should be sent to the Registrar, Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur – 273010 (U.P.) through Registered/ Speed Post only so that it reaches latest by 05.00 p.m. on 21.10.2021. Applications recieved after 21.10.2021, 05:00 p.m. shall not be considered. Candidate must write the Advt. No. and Post Applied for, with catgory and Department on the top of the Left Corner of the Envelope.
25. All appointments made against these posts shall be governed by the provisions of the Act/ Statutes/ Rules and Regulations of the University from time to time.
See All Other Jobs in our Database