Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India engaged in advanced research invites applications from Indian nationals for Ph.D. programs. The name of the faculties who are interested in taking students through regular Ph.D. program of ILS are listed below with their research interest. The applicants are strongly encouraged to visit ILS webpage for detailed information regarding the research area of the respective faculties.
Name of the Faculty & Research Area
Dr. Sandip K. Mishra, Scientist-F : Investigations of downstream targets of Estrogen related receptor beta in Breast cancer
Dr. P.V. Ramchander, Scientist-E : Identification and characterization of genes/mutations in Human genetic disorders
Dr. Gulam Hussain Syed, Scientist-E : Virus Host Interactions and viral disease pathogenesis
Dr. Amol Suryawanshi, Scientist-E : Understanding Cancer and Viral disease biology through Clinical proteomics
Essential Qualification :
1. Candidates should have passed their M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Genetics/ Microbiology, etc.) with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade point). Candidates awaiting final results may also apply, however, if shortlisted, they have to produce their final mark sheet on the date of the interview, failing which they will not be interviewed.
2. Candidates should have also qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or DBT-JRF or DBT-BINC-JRF or UGC-RGNF or ICMR-JRF. If the original certificate is not available, the candidate has to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the declared result page, along with the application. Candidates with mark sheet can also apply, however, they have to submit their results at the time of interview.
3. The candidate should be below 28 years in age, as on last date of application. An age relaxation of five years in the case of SC/ST/women/PH candidates and three years in the case of OBC candidates will be given (as per Govt. of India rules).
Application Fees : Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs.500/ through online payment mode as per details. Beneficiary name: Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar, Account No: 450502010006285, Bank: Union Bank of India, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar; IFS Code: UBIN0545058. SC/ST/Physically challenged candidates are excempted from payment.
Fellowship : The fellowship and other emoluments will be as per the guidelines of the funding agencies - SERB/DST/DBT/CSIR/ICMR and as revised from time to time.
To and fro bus/rail fare by the shortest route limited to sleeper class will be paid to all the candidates appearing for the interview.
The application form can be downloaded from below link.
Duly filled application along with self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and copy of proof of payment should be send to The Academic Section, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar – 751023 Odisha with the subject line “Application for Ph.D. Program” on or before 5th October 2021. Director, ILS reserves the right to withdraw the procedure without assigning any reasons thereof. List of candidates selected for the interview will be published in the Institute website (ils.res.in).
• Last date of receiving applications: 5th October 2021.
• Date of display of short-listed candidates for interview and other instructions in the Institute website: 7th October 2021.
• Date of interview: 28th October 2021.
See All Other Jobs in our Database