Conceptualised in the year 2004 as a philanthropic initiative for the Eastern and North- Eastern parts of India and the neighbouring countries, the Tata Medical Centre (TMC) started operations in Kolkata on May 16, 2011. The hospital is governed by a charitable trust – Tata Medical Centre Trust. It is an integrated Oncology facility with well-trained professional staff and equipped with modern facilities and the most contemporary medical equipment. Set up at a cost of more than 500 crores, the Hospital, with a capacity of 450 beds, serves all sections of the society, with a proportion of the infrastructure earmarked for free/subsidized treatment for the underprivileged sections.
TMC invites applications for the following positions being considered for an Investigator Initiated and Institutional Review Board approved research program titled ALTITUDE Study under the Tata Precision Oncology Project [Tata POP] and ALTITUDE_ImBiome study funded by the Tata Education and Development Trust (TEDT) and Lady Tata Memorial Trust(LTMT) respectively [Tata Trusts]. The study began in the month of Jan 2020. This projects involve Multimodal - Omics data platforms and Immune-microenvironment research respectively, for the study of patients undergoing standard of care treatment for Acute Myeloid Leukaemia, a blood cancer. We are looking for the bright young professionals who can work in a cosmopolitan multi-specialty facility and contribute pro-actively to the aforementioned research program.
Post : Research Associate : Section Biochemistry (Position : 1 No.)
Qualification : MSc/PhD in Biochemical (preferred) or Life Sciences from a recognized Institution.
Experience : 2 to 3 years of research experience is desirable
1. Experience in method development in mass spectrometry-based assays is essential
2. To carry out the mass spectrometry assays assigned including the pre-processing steps as directed by the Co-I.
3. To carry out analysis of the quality control as directed by Co-I/SO (mass spectrometry)
4. Document the processes and procedures including writing the SOPs along with SO mass spectrometry.
5. To liaise between the PI and the Co-I on the aspects of sample collection
6. To collect the sample as per the stipulated time and schedule
7. To label samples properly and store them safely in the allocated location
8. To help in the clerical duties of points 1-4
9. Maintain liaison with ancillary departments such as biomedical engineering, IT, customer care, and central stores.
10. Help maintain Project inventory (both consumables and non-consumables).
11. To maintain registers pertinent to quality control and assurance.
12. Labelling of storage areas to facilitate FIFO.
13. Maintain good communication with all for all aspects of functioning of the department.
14. Carry out miscellaneous activities related to the project and mass spectrometry as directed by the Co-I. Co-I will discuss such matters with the PI.
15. Prepare write-ups, presentations, and papers to showcase the development achieved.
16. To carry out any assays related to the project in Clinical Biochemistry (Main laboratory).
Duration of the Project : three years from the date of appointment. Selected candidate will have to join at the earliest.
Salary : Rs. 20,000/- – Rs 25,000/- p.m
1) RADHAKRISHNAN Vivek
2) CHAKRABORTY Subhosmito
You may apply on line or email your application by 15th September 2021 to above emails and Mr Suvasish Mukherjee, Head Human Resource, Tata Medical Center, 14 MAR (EW), New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata – 700160 [email@example.com]
See All Other Jobs in our Database