National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is an autonomous Institute under Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. NABI aims at catalysing the transformation of Agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organization for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food biotech innovations for improved household nutritional security. Since its inception in 2010, NABI is involved in research activities for the Bio fortification, development of designer crops for improved nutrition, providing sustainable and novel solutions towards quality food and nutrition, and development of evidence based functional foods to counter malnutrition.
Post : Research Associate-III
Food and nutritional Biotechnology division at NABI requires 01 Research Associate under Secondary Agricultural Entrepreneurial Network (SEAN) funded project.
Project title : Technology for sugar free food product (ketch-up/beverages) by using prebiotic sweetener, Isomalto – oligosaccharides
PI : Dr. Mahendra Bishnoi, Scientist-E
Job profile : RA will be responsible for development of evidence based novel food products. RA will be responsible for conducting in-vitro biochemical assays and in-vivo animal studies to ascertain the functional benefits of novel food products. RA will be responsible for preparing documents for submission to FSSAI for desired approvals.
Essential qualifications : PhD / MD / MS / MDS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after MVSc/ M.Pharm/ME/M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Index (SCI) journal. (Eligibility criteria as DST OM No.SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated 30.01.2019)
Desirable qualifications :
1. Prior research experience in the field of product development, in-vitro and in-vivo animal modelssupported by peer reviewed publications.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Emoluments : The RA-III will be hired as per the emoluments’ guidelines and service conditions notified by DST (OM No.SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated 30.01.2019) (Rs. 54,000/month + HRA)
Age Limit : The age limit of applicants for RA will be 40 years. (Relaxation is admissible in case of SC/ST/OBC/women/physically disabled as per government of India instructions).
Duration : Tenure will be till 06th February, 2021 or till the termination of the project whichever is earlier.
All interested eligible candidates should send completely filled application form (Single adobe pdf file) available on institute website through email till 10th September, 2020 on email id. email@example.com
Kindly note the following important points :- (Application and Selection process)
1. Kindly do not send the hard copy of the application form.
2. Incomplete application form and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
3. The applications should be submitted strictly as per prescribed format that can be downloaded from the NABI website.
4. Kindly send complete filled application form (Single adobe pdf file) through email only.
5. Kindly do not send any documents with application form. Candidates will be provisionally shortlisted on the basis of information given in the application form. All the documents related to eligibility i.e. Age, educational qualification, Experience etc(in-original) will be verified at later stage before issuing offer/award letter.
6. No application form will be accepted after due date i.e. 10th September, 2020
7. Eligible candidates will be informed via email for interview schedule.
8. Candidates should ensure that information mentioned in application form is accurate. Once the application form is submitted no further request regarding any changes/ information in the application form will be considered.
9. Eligible candidates will be interviewed through video conferencing mode by duly constituted selection committee.
10. Any changes in last date for submission of application forms, procedure for selection, important points etc shall be available only in NABI website. Interested candidates may kindly see the NABI website before applying for the same.
See All Other Jobs in our Database