CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad (CSIR-CCMB) is a Premier Research Laboratory under the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), involved in multidisciplinary R&D programmes of both basic and applied nature across scientific disciplines of biological science for economic, environmental and societal benefits of mankind.
One Senior Research Fellow position available purely on temporary basis in a project/ scheme entitled "Epigenetic Mechanisms of gene Regulation" under CSIR Emeritus Scientist Scheme in the lab of Dr Purnima Bhargava at CSIR-CCMB, Hyderabad
Essential qualifications: MSc (in Life Sciences preferably with subjects Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Genetics) and at least 2 years of post-MSc research experience (in the relevant area) as evidenced from published papers in standard refereed journals.
Desirable qualifications: Genetic manipulation of yeast, NGS experiments, working experience with macromolecules like DNA, RNA, Proteins.
Upper Age limit: 32 years as on application closing date
Stipend: Rs. 35,000/- p.m. + 24% HRA as applicable/ admissible.
General terms and conditions:
• CSIR HRDG/ES scheme prevailing guidelines are applicable to these positions.
• This position is purely temporary & on contract basis and is co-terminus with the project’s tenure.
• Eligible candidates are required to submit applications online.
• The upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years in case of candidates belonging to scheduled castes/Scheduled Tribes/physically handicapped and female applicants whereas 3 years in case of OBC (Non-Creamy Layer candidates)
• Selection of the candidates will be based on initial screening based on qualifications / experience & suitability of the candidates to the nature of research project. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and based on the recommendations of the Selection Committee in interview candidates will be empanelled and appointed. The pool of selected candidates will be valid for a maximum period of one year.
• Empanelment does not provide automatic guarantee of engagement.
• Candidates who have completed their degree with requisite educational qualifications only need to apply.
• The engagement under project does not confer any right/claim whatsoever, either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR/CCMB, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions or precedent.
• All the communication regarding the call for interview will be only through electronic mode (through: E-mail/mobile)
• No TA/DA will be paid to the candidate for appearing for the written test/interview.
• The terms and conditions of engagement of project staff may be amended from time to time.
• The performance of project staff would be reviewed periodically so that candidates not found up to the mark, could be terminated.
Application closing date: Eligible candidates may apply online on or before 15.09.2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database