Institute of Nano Science and Technology invites applications for Ph.D. program
Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), Mohali (Punjab), an autonomous institution of Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has been established under the umbrella of NANO MISSION, initiated by DST to boost research and development in the field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in India. INST started its activities on 3rd January 2013, the date on which its first Director was appointed. The institute is currently operating from its transit campus at Habitat Centre, Sector-64, Phase-X, Mohali, Punjab.
Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) invites applications from prospective candidates for admission into its Ph.D. Program in several areas of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology for the session beginning in January, 2020.
Interested candidates with a good academic track record and a strong intent to pursue Ph.D. in areas related to Nanoscience and Technology like devices, materials for energy applications (photocatalysts, electrocatalysts, supercapacitors, hydrogen generation & storage), Smart materials (organic/inorganic), Sensors, Therapeutics etc.
M.Sc. in (Chemistry/ Physics/ Material Sciences/ Life Sciences)/ M.Pharm./ M.Tech. in Basic, Applied Sciences or Engineering and related areas
GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ JGEEBILS (TIFR/ NCBS)/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DST-INSPIRE/ GPAT. Students registered with IISER Mohali for their BS-MS program can apply as per IISER Mohali's norm.
Application Fees: The aforesaid application documents should be accompanied by a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 450/- for General/OBC or Rs. 150/- for SC/ST/PH drawn in favor of Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali (payable either at Mohali or at Chandigarh). Please mention your name on the reverse of the DD.
1. The application form and synopsis for Post-Doctoral Research Fellow can be downloaded from Institute website inst.ac.in/careers.php
2. The duly filled APPLICATION FORM and online SYNOPSIS
should be sent on firstname.lastname@example.org as advance copy. The hard copy of application with the following should be sent to "The Director, Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Habitat Centre, Phase -10, Sector - Punjab-160062" so as to reach on or before due date:
(a.) Photograph duly pasted on the application form.
(b.) Application fees.
(c.) Self-Attested copies of Certificate in support of age, educational qualifications (mark sheet & Certificates of class X and above).
(d.) Experience certificate in case of working candidate.
(e.) Self-attested a copy in support of SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH category (Should be Valid).
3. The envelope containing the application form should superscribe " Application for the Ph.D. Program - January 2020".
4. The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. The list of the shortlisted candidates will be uploaded on the Institute website and communication will be sent to candidates on email address given by candidate.
5. The candidates called for interview will be paid sleeper class rail fare or Non-AC Bus Fare (on production of ticket) from place of residence to Institute and back.
6. The candidate are advised to visit the Institute website (inst.ac.in) frequently to know latest developments.
Applications from interested students should reach INST through Registered/ Speed Post/ Courier by 17TH OCTOBER, 2019. Applications received after this date shall not be entertained in any case.
See All Other Jobs in our Database