Job for Postdoctoral Fellow at NIBMG
National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG) Kalyani is an Institute of Government of India, Ministry of Science & Technology, Department of Biotechnology. The Institute has created necessary physical infrastructure and critical platform technologies to support research, translation and training in biomedical genomics.
A position for a highly motivated person capable of working independently as a Postdoctoral Fellow is available for an extramurally funded project being conducted at the National lnstitute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG), Kalyani.
Post : Postdoctoral Fellow
Enabling Diagnosis and Treatment of Breast Cancer throughout India The goal of this project is to develop a simple diagnostic test for breast cancer that is cheap, reliable and efficient for both diagnosis and monitoring. The basis for this test is liquid biopsy - isolating tumor-secreted vesicles or circulating cell-free DNA (cfDNA) in blood and assaying their contents for cancer biomarkers that will inform both diagnosis and treatment.
Selected applicants will be appointed for a period of ONE year, to be extended based on their performance and availability of funds.
Project Code : 20287
1. Ph.D* in Molecular Biology / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Zoology / Life Sciences / Biological Sciences
2. Atleast ONE published research article in a peer-reviewed journal
3. Significant practical experience in RNA/DNA based Molecular Biology techniques
1. Experience in Tissue culture techniques,
2. handling clinical samples
3. Handling NGS data
4. Good Ability to use written and spoken English
Nature of Duty
1. Collection and purification of endocytic vesicles from serum samples,
2. Isolation of RNA/protein followed by transcriptome analysis and immunoblotting
3. Preparation of sequencing libraries
4. Assistance with data analysis
5. Manuscript preparation
Monthly Emoluments : Rs 50,000/-* (consolidated and fixed)
Candidates who have submitted their thesis but have not yet received their degree, have peer reviewed publications are encouraged to apply, however, their remuneration will be fixed at the level of DBT Senior Research fellow (consolidated amount `36000/-)
Please apply online at happly.nibmg.ac.in (no other form of application will be accepted). The last date of application is 15th September 2018.
Please visit our website nibmg.ac.in for further information. Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for Interview/Test. No TA/DA will be provided for attending the Interview/Test.
See All Other Jobs in our Database