The Hans Foundation, established in 2009, is a Public Charitable Trust that that works for the improvement of quality of life for underprivileged communities across India through Health, Education, Livelihood and Disability sector interventions. THF undertakes direct implementation of projects on the ground in addition to providing funding support to not-for-profit organisations in India through its donor – RIST, USA. THF’s Strategic planning focuses on key areas of its work with the aim of addressing the key issues of poverty alleviation, economic inequalities, and 360° impact on the quality of life through social development programs.
Post : Research Associate (Clinical Psychologist)
Background of the Project
Project : Holding hands in magical years: early childhood development & Neuro-rehabilitation Centre.
(A novel multidisciplinary initiative with collaboration of The Hans Foundation & Centre of Excellence and Advanced Research for Childhood Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Child Neurology Division, Department of Pediatrics, AIIMS, New Delhi)
The early the better” believing in this approach, The Hans Foundation has been supporting a number of projects to facilitate the early years of development. It provides supportive services to children and adult with disabilities who more often lack access to the comprehensive and intensified services in those magical years of development and also needed across the lifespan. This approach dramatically improves individual’s chances to reach their full potential and functioning, have better quality of life and take up their right place in the society as adults. The Hans Foundation is creating more such facilities and services in the country to reach the last mile of targeted community while aiming to achieve the goal “People with disability are enjoying a meaningful life in the inclusive society with high humanistic values”.
This project would be operated from a Centre established near to AIIMS Delhi for providing array of services: assessment and diagnosis, early intervention, neuro developmental therapies, healthcare and rehabilitation, multidisciplinary interventions which is part of our broader effort to improve the lives of all children and adults with disabilities and to support reforms in the social system. The project will facilitate PWDs in accessing the disability certificate, Govt schemes, assistive aids and appliances and others benefits provided by the government. The project will provide services to all disabilities across all age group.
• A clinical psychologist is a mental health professional with specialized training in the diagnosis and psychological treatment of wide range of mental, behavioral, and emotional illnesses.
• Focuses on people with more serious mental health issues.
• Treat patients underlying mental health problem and medical disorders.
• Reduce psychological distress and promote psychological well-being.
• Develop and support psychological practices.
• Provide psychological testing and conduct and interpret the assessment.
• Diagnose a disorder and perform psychotherapy and administer the progress
• Record keeping and documentation
• Any other activities given time to time.
• PhD/MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree OR
• MVSc./M. Pharma/ME/M. Tech Functional / Technical Skills and Relevant Experience & Other Requirements (Behavioral, Language, Certifications etc.)
• 3 years of research teaching and design & development experience with at least one research paper in science citation indexed (SCI) journal.
Salary : INR 70,000 per month. (Inclusive of all taxes)
Job Location : Delhi
See All Other Jobs in our Database