IIT Hyderabad is one among the 2nd generation of IITs started by the Govt. of India. Today IITH offers 11 B.Tech programs, 1 B.Des Program, 3 M.Sc programs, 18 M.Tech programs, 1 M.Des program, 1 MA Program and 15 Ph.D. programs in all branches of engineering, science, liberal arts and design. IIT Hyderabad offers 2 years M.Tech Program to the foreign Nationals in 9 different departments. The very foundation of IIT Hyderabad is based on research and innovation. The vibrant research culture is evident from the number of patents and publications that IITH has.
Post : Technology Transfer Officer / Commercialisation Officer
This announcement is being released for the post of Technology Transfer Officer/Commercialisation Officer on Contract basis, for Commercialisation of the technologies developed at IIT Hyderabad. Shortlisting will be based on online application followed by online interview for the screened-in candidates. The selected candidate is required to physically report to the office in IITH daily for execution of the duty. All terms and conditions of the selection and employment will be governed by IIT Hyderabad.
Emoluments : Rs. 60,000 – Rs. 1,00,000 per month (based on experience and capability)
Duration : 11 Months (Extendable based on performance)
Job Description :
The key responsibilities include
● Undertake technical, regulatory and market assessment of technologies, their techno-commercial feasibility and valuation.
● Collaborate with inventors to evaluate and develop technology licensing opportunities and strategies.
● Identify, review, and build relationships with potential partners/licensees through primary and secondary research.
● Liaise with partners, negotiate terms and finalize agreements and contracts including vetting.
● Activities related to technology transfer and innovation, including promoting awareness of the technology transfer and innovation field among researchers/inventors.
● Other related works as assigned.
Eligibility and Requirements :
Candidates with good knowledge in Technology transfers and relationships with industries.
1. Essential Requirements :
a. Minimum 3 years of experience in innovation and technology transfer, licensing and valuation areas of public research organisations or private organisations.
b. PG / Diploma / Certificate in technology transfer / licensing from a recognised organisation.
c. UG in science or engineering from a reputed organisation.
● MBA from reputed institutions
● Collaborations with foreign companies.
● Law from recognised University.
● Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
● Good knowledge in forging successful collaboration and technology licenses between academia and industry.
● Strong customer relationship skills, consensus building skills and the ability to cultivate and maintain professional business partnerships
Selection Procedure : The candidate will be shortlisted as per the information in his / her application and selected based on the performance in the Interview.
Date and Time of Interview : Will be intimated to shortlisted candidates via E-mail.
COVID-19 Instructions : All the necessary safety precautions such as wearing a mask, maintaining physical distance of at least 6 feet, avoiding crowded places, and following the preventive measures issued by the GoI/Telangana Govt. is compulsorily within the campus to contain the spread of COVID-19.
General Instructions :
● IIT Hyderabad reserves the right to alter the number of vacancies, or keep it open till the deserving candidate is found.
● IIT Hyderabad reserves the right to close the recruitment procedure without selecting anybody, if none of the candidates is found suitable.
Online Application Deadline : 02-11-2021 11:59 PM
Note : In the below form along with your CV, you have to upload a one page report related to the technologies transferred / licensed in your experience. Mention the foreign and Indian collaboration company names.
Dr. Pradeep Yemula
Electrical Engineering Department, IIT Hyderabad
Faculty In-Charge, Patent Cell, IIT Hyderabad
See All Other Jobs in our Database