Job for Research Assistant at PHFI
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes.
Post : Research Assistant
Project Brief : The goal of the project is to develop non-invasive diagnostic tool for oral cancers using salivary samples. We will be using patented technology (luminescence fingerprint) developed by Asqens. The study will be conducted in a tertiary care cancer institute in Chennai. There will be 3 groups of study participants, diagnosed cases of early oral cancers, diagnosed cases of late oral cancers and apparently healthy controls. Questionnaire based data, saliva samples and digital photographs of oral lesions will be collected. The diagnostic potential of the technology will be explored using associations observed in this study. Project site will be at Chennai.
Location : Gurugram, Haryana
Duration of Position : 1 Year or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier
• Regular visits to field sites: 6 days/ week, depending on the availability of participants.
• Identify all participants for the study.
• Establish rapport with the participants.
• Explain study objectives, answer any questions and allay any concerns from the participants.
• Get the consent form signed by the study participants.
• Collect the data from the participants using the questionnaire.
• Enter data from questionnaires on a daily basis.
• Obtain digital photographs of oral lesions. Facilitate saliva collection and processing under strict protocol, aseptic conditions and clinical supervision.
• Temporary storage and transport samples to labs at study sites.
• Motivate the participants regularly.
• Re-check completed questionnaires and to ensure that all questions were asked and the responses are neatly and legibly recorded.
• Ensure accuracy of data and adhere to the protocol.
• Ensure privacy and confidentiality of information from participants.
• Maintain logs of participants and reasons for non-availability or non-consent.
• Maintain organized system of consent forms and questionnaires at the respective field site.
• Provide updates on a weekly basis regarding logistics of data collection, participation rates and issues with respect to consent taking, appropriateness of data collection instruments, participant concerns/questions and other field-based activities.
• Contribute to the general activities of the Network, PHFI and help promote the objectives of the study.
• Liaison with Inter- and Intra-department such as colleagues, external collaborators, study participants, clinicians and lab personnel at study sites.
• Co-ordinate with administration, HR and finance for various project related tasks will be required.
• Proper Data documentation, management and privacy.
• Transfer all biological specimens collected and store at PHFI lab. Monthly monitoring and reporting is required.
• Periodic reports on project protocol and weekly progress report with data check is mandatory.
• Any other project related duty assigned by the supervisor.
• Graduate/post-graduate in medical, dental, public health streams.
• Graduate in medical lab technology with training in public health, Sociology/Nursing/Pharmacy or any paramedical course with training in public health, hospital management, public health and any other life science stream.
• Efficient in taking oral samples.
• Willing to take digital oral photographs.
• Field public health research skills (including data collection & biological sample collection required)
• Proficiency with computers, data entry software.
• Good written and communication skills, in Tamil, English and Hindi.
• Management skills are required.
• Ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
• Willingness to travel within study sites.
Desirable : 1-2 years of research/field work experience in well conducted epidemiological studies.
Process to Apply :
Annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Interested and eligible candidates may send their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the exact Position Code (PHFI-RSAT-145) in the subject line.
Please also send the following information along with your application.
• Current remuneration
• Expected remuneration
• Notice Period
• How did you hear about this opportunity?
• Candidates are requested to refer PHFI website for position description & process for applying. Please note only those applications will be considered which are received as per instruction written on PHFI website.
• Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
• Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
• Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
• PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
• The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
• No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
Last Date of Receipt of Applications : 11 October 2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database