Agharkar Research Institute (ARI) is an autonomous, grant-in-aid research institute of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Goverment of India. It was established in 1946 by the Maharashtra Association for the Cultivation of Science as MACS Research Institute and renamed as ARI in 1992 in honour and memory of its founder Director, late Professor S.P. Agharkar.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Funding Agency Title, Period of the Project & Post Code : National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research (NCPOR) MoES sponsored Project (SP-298): "Exploration of cryptic genetic diversity in extant planktic foraminiferal morphospecies from the Southern Indian Ocean". Period up to: 19th August 2022 Post Code: ARI/SP-298/JRF
Group/ Division : Biodiversity - Palaeobiology Group
Qualifications Essential :
(i) 1st Class M. Sc. in any field related to Earth Science / Marine Science / Life Science / Microbiology / Biotechnology from a recognized University.
(ii) Applicant must be qualified in any one of the following tests: CSIR-UGC/ICAR NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) OR GATE. National Level examination DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc., IISER etc.
(i) Experience and Hands on training in Molecular Biology Techniques. Isolation and Identification of Foprminifera for various analyses.
(ii) The candidate is required to carry out field sample collection that include research cruises. Lab work for the analysis of forminiferal samples and molecular biology techniques.
(iii) Must have a valid Indian Passport with validity of minimum One year from the date of advertisement.
Monthly stipend : Rs.31,000/- + HRA (24%).
Age limit (as on date of interview)
Upto 28 years for General Category. Age relaxation of upto 5 years (Upto 33 years) for SC/ST/Differently abled/women candidates and 3 years (Upto 31 years) for OBC (Non-creamy layer), candidates selected through DBT-BET 2019 shall also be considered for age relaxation as applicable.
1. Candidates fulfilling above conditions may fill up the prescribed format available under this advertisement and bring it along with original and self-attested copies of qualifications, certificates, Passport size photograph, caste certificate issued by competent authority (for reserved category) at the time of interview at MACS – Agharkar Research Institute, G.G. Agarkar Road, Pune – 411 004 (M.S.) India.
2. Non-refundable application fee of Rs.100/- (except SC/ST and women candidates) to be paid online through https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm or link available on Institute Website aripune.org (Pay application fees on SBI Collect under Announcements). Candidate should attach the receipt of online payment of fees and indicate the online receipt number in the application form. The Institute is not responsible for any incomplete/pending/failed transactions of online application fee payments and they may contact the concerned bank in this regard.
3. The prescribed essential qualifications are bare minimum and mere possession of same will not entitle the candidate to be called for interview. The Institute reserves the right to select a suitable candidate.
4. Candidates attending interview should report on time as per date and time schedule mentioned above.
5. In case of deserving and exceptionally qualified candidates, desirable qualification are relaxed at the discretion of the Competent Authority and accordingly position will be filled as per Revision of emoluments and guidelines on service conditions for research personnel engaged in R&D programme of the MACS - Agharkar Research, Institute. Pune.
Date of Walk-in-interview : 23th September 2019 (Monday)
Reporting Time : 9.00 AM to 9.30 AM
Verification of Documents : 9.30 AM to 10.30 AM
Schedule of Walk-in-interview : 10.30 AM onwards
Note: No T.A. is admissible for attending interview and selected candidate will have no right for appointment against any ARI or funding agency’s post/s.
MACS’ AGHARKAR RESEARCH INSTITUTE
G. G. Agarkar Road, Pune 411004, M.S., India
See All Other Jobs in our Database