Require Program Manager at NCBS | Ph.D in Life Sciences
The mandate of research at NCBS is the study of biology. To realize our goals of understanding living systems, we understand that research problems need to be approached from a variety of directions. We therefore have recruited, and actively encourage applications from researchers with a variety of backgrounds in the natural sciences, mathematics and computer science. Biological problems not only require multiple approaches for their solution, but also need researchers of varied expertise to collaborate. Collaboration at every level within NCBS, within the country and internationally is strongly encouraged. Our research groups are small and with specific strengths that make interactions with complementary groups fruitful.
ADBS is an exciting collaborative and interdisciplinary program which is expected to provide a strong stimulus to research in stem cell biology in India, while building enduring research links between NCBS, inStem and the partner institutions NIMHANS and CiRA, Japan. Key focus areas for this integrated program will be the use of stem cells in research, diagnostics and therapeutics and the creation of a pool of Indian scientists who can work on stem cell technology.
Post : Program Manager (Stem Cell program)
• Project co-ordination, communicating with scientists and clinicians at the participating institutions
• Working across with the administrative teams at NCBS and other collaborating institutions as needed
• Monitoring expenditure on the grant funding the program, in coordination with the administrative teams
• Organizing meetings for the management board, steering committee and other administrative structures of ABDS.
• Outreach to government departments and external agencies on behalf of the program as needed
• Helping with generation of project reports for the program
• Facilitating regulatory matters
• Working across with colleagues at the research development office at the Cluster as needed
• Undertaking any other duties that may be required from time to time
• Ph.D in Life Sciences or a clinical qualification
• Significant prior administrative experience
• Proven communication skills
• Strong time-management and interpersonal skills
• Initiative, enthusiasm and a flexible approach to work
• The ability to analyze, summarize and communicate information
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Prior experience working with Government departments
• A background in stem cell biology, molecular and cell biology
HOW TO APPLY :
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website (ncbs.res.in/jobportal/) using valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”
Step 6: Take a Print out of the submitted application form by clicking “PRINT” in “MY APPLICATION” and send the same duly signed, to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065 along with copies of certificates regarding educational qualifications, experience etc. The last date for receiving the application is November 15, 2019
Last for receipt of Online application: November 15, 2019
An application package, consisting of the following should be uploaded via the NCBS job portal by a deadline of November 15, 2019.
• Up-to-date CV with names and contact details of two referees
• A one-page description of why you believe you are an appropriate candidate for the role
See All Other Jobs in our Database