Job openings as Pharmacy Inspector at State Pharmacy Council
The main objective of Karnataka State Pharmacy Council is to regulate the professional practice to ensure only qualified registered Pharmacist would enter the profession to provide service to the patient. The prime responsibility of the Karnataka State Pharmacy Council is to grant registration to the eligible pharmacists and issue Registration certificate to the persons possessing requisite prescribed qualification as per the provisions of section 32(2) of the Pharmacy Act and to enforce the necessary provisions of the Pharmacy Act 1948.
Post : Pharmacy Inspector
No of Posts : 02
B.Pharm / M.Pharm* "Preference will be given to Pharmacy graduates with additional Qualification in Bachelor of Law (LL.B/B.L) with knowledge of Kannada and English
• Inspect any premises where drugs are compounded or dispensed and submit a written report to the Registrar;
• Enquire whether a person who is engaged in compounding or dispensing of drugs is a registered pharmacist;
• Investigate any complaint made in writing in respect of any contravention of The Pharmacy Act, 1948 and report to the Registrar;
• Institute prosecution under the order of the Executive Committee of the State Council;
• Exercise such other powers as may be necessary for carrying out the purposes of Chapters III, IV and V of The Pharmacy Act, 1948 or any rules made there under.
• Any person willfully obstructing an Inspector in the exercise of the powers conferred on him by or under this Act or any rules made there under shall be punishable with
• Imprisonment for a term which may extend to six months, or with fine not exceeding one thousand rupees, or with both.
• Every Inspector shall be deemed to be a public servant within the meaning of *section 21 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
Location : Karnataka
KARNATAKA STATE PHARMACY COUNCIL
514/E, 1st Main, 1st cross,
Vijayanagar 2nd Stage,
Hampinagar, Bengaluru - 560104
Last Date : 31-10-18
See All Other Jobs in our Database