Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2015 at Indian Academy of Sciences
The three national Science Academies offer several two-month Summer Fellowships to enable students/teachers (studying/teaching in India) to work with scientists associated with the three Academies during 2014. A copy of the application format, instructions to applicants including eligibility criteria, and a list of names of scientists/faculty who have consented to guide students/teachers to work on short-term projects is displayed online.
- Applications should be submitted online in the prescribed format. See link at the bottom of this page. This link is available in the website of the three Academies (ias.ac.in; insaindia.org; nasi.org.in).
- A print copy of the application (duly signed by the applicant) along with enclosures should be sent by speed post within seven working days after the online version is submitted. It should be addressed to: The Coordinator, Science Education Panel, Indian Academy of Sciences, CV Raman Avenue, Sadashivanagar Post, Near Mekhri Circle, Bangalore 560 080. Do not send a separate resume with the application.
- Only one application per candidate will be accepted. If more than one application is submitted, none of the applications will be considered.
- Answers to columns indicated by an asterisk (*) are mandatory and must be filled.
- The last date for receipt of applications is 30 November 2014 (online) and 7 December 2014 (print version).
- Applicants should be studying in one of the following:
- BS / BSc / BVSc / BPharm (II and III years only)
- BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA (I year only)
- (5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II/III/IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
- The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65% or above.
- Students doing PhD are not eligible.
- Applicants who have availed the Academies fellowship twice before are not eligible to apply.
Enclosures to application
- Student applicants should attach a recommendation letter (in the prescribed format) from their present teacher or head of the department (HoD). This should be sent either by the applicant in a sealed envelope along with the printed copy of the application or directly sent by the teacher/HoD addressed to: The Coordinator, Science Education Panel, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore 560 080. In the latter case, the applicant should fill the Application Registration No. in the blank format before it is given to the teacher/HoD.
- Teacher applicants should send, if available, a list of their publications along with the printed copy of the application. On selection, an authorization letter from the Principal/HoD that necessary permission/leave of absence will be granted should be submitted.
- All decisions regarding the selection of candidates will be at the sole discretion of the Academies. Any grievance or dispute concerning SRFP-2015 shall be addressed to the Academy whose decision thereon shall be final.
- Without prejudice to 15) above, only the courts at Bangalore city shall be the fora for seeking judicial remedy, if any, for any dispute or grievance.
- Academy means Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore. Academies mean Indian Academy of Sciences (Bangalore), Indian National Science Academy (New Delhi), and The National Academy of Sciences, India (Allahabad).
- Guide means list of scientists/faculty approved by the Academies as guides.
* All correspondence should be addressed to:
The Coordinator, Science Education Panel
Indian Academy of Sciences
CV Raman Avenue, near Mekhri Circle
Bangalore 560 080
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.