The Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) is an autonomous organization funded by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. CDFD also receives funding from other agencies on specific collaborative projects. In addition, DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics services provided by the Centre support some of its activities.
CDFD, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, invites applications from Indian nationals for the following purely temporary vacancies in research projects funded by National / International agencies at CDFD like DST/DBT/ICMR/CSIR etc.
Research Associate – I
Age Limit : 40 years
Emoluments : Rs. 47,000/-+ HRA
Essential Qualifications : PhD/MD/MS or equivalent degree OR 3 years experience of research after MVSc/MPharm/ME/MTech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed Journal.
Desirable Qualifications : (a) Preference will be given to the incumbents who possess Ph D in bioinformatics, molecular biology, cell biology, biotechnology or relevant scientific discipline.
(b) Experience in computational / bioinformatics tools used for NGS analysis particularly RNA-seq or ChIP-Seq, proficiency with using Linux and BASH or other similar shell, comfortable in developing code in Python and/or R for data analysis and visualization. OR Research experience in molecular biology (particularly RNA biology), CRISPR-Cas9 mediated genome editing, NGS based techniques like ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, WGS. OR
(a) Preference will be given to the incumbents who possess Ph D in Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Genetics/Biochemistry/Microbiology with a minimum of 02 years of research experience
(b) Experience in tissue culture, animal studies, cell signalling, Immunology, cancer biology and drug delivery, 02 years post-doc research experience in national Institutions / Universities with atleast 05 research publication in International journals.
Senior Project Associate
Age Limit : 40 years
Emoluments : Rs. 42,000/-+ HRA
Essential Qualifications : Masters Degree in Natural or Agricultural Sciences / MVSc or bachelors degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent; and Four years experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organisations and Scientific activities and services
OR Doctoral Degree in Science / Engineering / Technology / Pharma / MD / MS from a recognized University or equivalent.
Desirable Qualifications : Experience in cell culture/molecular biology techniques/next generation sequencing/microarray analysis.
Nature of Duty :
1. Conduct molecular biology experiments for next generation sequencing like DNA/RNA extraction, PCR etc
2. Analysis of next generation sequencing data
3. Sanger sequencing
4. Report writing and manuscript preparation
Project Associate II
Age Limit : 35 years
Emoluments : (i) (a) Rs. 35,000/- + HRA to Scholars who are selected through (a) National Eligibility Tests-CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or (b) A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions. (ii) Rs. 28,000/- + HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above.
Essential Qualifications : (i) Master's Degree in Natural or Agricultural Sciences / MVSc or bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent; and
(ii) 2 years' experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organisations and Scientific activities and services
Desirable Qualifications : Experience in next generation sequencing/microarray analysis and report making as well as development of pipelines for same.
Research experience in modern molecular biology and genomics, cell culture based assays and RNA biology
Nature of Duty :
1. Analysis of exome / genome sequencing data from pediatric rare genetic diseases
2. Preparation of reports for patients
3. Development of pipelines for analysis of next generation sequencing analysis
4. Preparation of project report / Manuscript writing
5. Conducting experiments related to cell culture, molecular biology and related techniques.
Junior Research Fellow
Age Limit : 35 years
Emoluments : (i) Rs. 31000 + HRA per month for NET (ii) Rs. 25000 + HRA for non-NET
Essential Qualifications : Good academic record with first class master’s degree in any branch of Life Science.
Desirable Qualifications : Proficiency in one or more of the following : Experience in molecular biology techniques, microbiology, biochemical techniques and imaging.
General Terms and Conditions
1. The vacancies against the positions shall be filled based on the vacancies available at the time of selection. If more vacancies with identical job requirements become available within one year after the selection, these can also be filled from among the candidates who are empanelled for the above positions.
2. Candidates are encouraged to apply for multiple positions. Depending on the qualifications, experience and recommendations of the Selection Committee, the candidates may be selected for more than one position.
3. Depending on the qualifications, experience and recommendations of the Selection Committee, the selected candidates may be placed in a scale and designation lower than the grade advertised/applied against.
4. Candidates selected against the positions will be expected to carry out research in the areas of Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Computational and Structural Biology, Genetics, Immunology, Microbiology or Molecular Biology.
5. Emoluments of the candidates selected against the positions may vary depending upon the qualifications, experience, recommendations of the Selection Committee or emoluments sanctioned by the funding agency in the project.
6. Selection against the positions will not make the candidates with Master’s Degree, eligible to register for the Ph.D. degree.
7. All these positions are purely temporary and are initially for a period of six months or one year. These positions could be extended/terminated depending on the continuation of the project(s).
8. Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped/Ex-service person/ EWS applicants will be as per Govt. of India rules.
9. Relaxation of age for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped/Ex-service person/ Women applicants will be as per Govt. of India rules.
10. Mere fulfilling the minimum qualifications will not entitle the candidate for being called for interview. The applications will be screened by a committee based on research experience and requirement of each project. Only those candidates that are found suitable will be shortlisted to be interviewed through Video Conference. The decision of the Director, CDFD will be final in this respect and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
11. Any of the selected individuals may from time to time be assigned to perform any other duties commensurate with their qualifications, by the Director, CDFD.
Interested candidates, who fulfill the above conditions, should apply in the prescribed application form ONLINE, wherein the candidate is also required to submit a Statement of Purpose (maximum 200 words), emphasizing how his/her experience/expertise will contribute to research programs of CDFD. The link for the application form is available at (link to be provided). Please upload soft copies of certificates in support of date of birth, educational qualifications, reservation category (if applicable). Please contact <firstname.lastname@example.org> for any queries.
Incomplete applications, applications without Statement of Purpose, and applications without copies of certificates in support of date of birth / educational qualifications / experience / reservation category (if applicable) or the applications received after the last date are liable to be rejected.
The last date for submitting online applications is 04.12.2023.
See All Other Jobs in our Database