National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to provide technical assistance and capacity-building support to the states for strengthening the public health system. The NHSRC is also mandated to contribute towards National strategic health planning and programme design. NHSRC intends to recruit Junior Consultants for its Community Processes/Comprehensive Primary Health Care Division, purely on a contractual basis.
Post : Lead Consultant - Community Processes/ Comprehensive Primary Health Care(CP/CPHC)
The CP/CPHC Division is looking for a dynamic public health professionals who are motivated to undertaken public health services. The applicant must be proactive and self-accountable with a strong work ethic and ability to work with minimum supervision and deliver within tight deadlines. The applicant should be passionate about strengthening public health services with a vision of making good quality public health care services available and accessible to the most underserved and marginalized populations; and must have the zeal to continuously and strategically work towards realization of that vision.
The selected candidate will have the unparalleled opportunity to work at a dynamic platform with the States and Districts and other stakeholders. The work will provide an enriching experience in understanding the public health challenges at various levels and developing and implementing strategies for problem solving.
Opportunity to join the Division : NHSRC seeks to recruit a Lead consultant purely on contractual basis to extend his or her support to the CP/CPHC division of NHSRC. The Lead Consultant will work under the supervision and overall guidance of Advisor, CP/CPHC.
Qualification & Experience
• Possess Medical Graduate including AYUSH/ BSc/ Bachelor’s in Social Science/ nursing/ Pharmacy with MD/PhD/MPH/MBA (Health Management/ Health Administration)/ Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management degree with over 10 years of experience in Public Health/ Community Health and Health Systems, after the post-graduation. Clinical experience is considered desirable but not essential.
• Experience in undertaking research (both Qualitative and Quantitative), capacity building, and working with health systems in the public health system
• Computer Skills: Proficiency in commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Ability to use the internet for desk research, literature review and other relevant documents.
• Excellent data analytical skills, documentation, communication and presentation skills
• Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to lead teams
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and or Hindi.
• Working knowledge of other major regional languages
• Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
• Ability to carry out given task with minimal supervision
• Grassroot experience is desirable
Roles & Responsibilities :
• Lead the team in ideation, formulation and timely revision of CP-CPHC policy and procedures
• Provide policy and program support for CP-CPHC as needed at both National andState level
• Draft program specific guidelines, policy briefs, and develop training materials,guidelines
• Gather and analyse evidence from field review visits from different states/districtsto inform policy and advocate appropriate policy reviews
• Undertake implementation and operational research and assessments forimproving the programs and policies.
• Oversee the implementation of innovation and learning centres in CP-CPHC
• As required engage with the senior policy makers at Central level by representing the division in meetings, carrying out advocacy, presenting evidence from State field visits etc.
• Guide State Technical Counterparts in policy in relation to programs and projectsof Community Processes and Comprehensive Primary Health Care
• Mentor and support the team members, and assist the Advisor in tasks related to crafting individual responsibilities, undertaking performance appraisals and conducting team meetings.
• Prepare annual work plans and budget of the Division in coordination with other lead consultant and team members
• Lead the work of the Division in the absence of the Advisor to ensure continuity and efficiency
• Undertake such other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time bythe Advisor of the Division
Age Limit : 50 years and below (As on last date of receiving applications)
Work Location : New Delhi with willingness to travel to states and districts
Remuneration Range : Between Rs 1,30,000/- to Rs 1,70,000/- per month
*Fee offered within the band will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Other Benefits : In addition to the renumeration mentioned above, Consultants of NHSRC are entitled to Free Accidental insurance, Subsidized Medical insurance, Mobile bill reimbursement, Laptop reimbursement (As per NHSRC Policy), 30 days Consolidated leave, fully paid Maternity leave (For Female Consultants) as per Government of India policy, performance linked increments, TA/ DA and per diem for on-duty visits.
Duration of Contract : Contract till 31st March 2025 with further extensions of similar duration (subject to satisfactory performance) and availability of NHM funds.
Candidates selected in this interview could be considered for other vacant positions at NHSRC requiring similar skill sets and at an appropriate level.
How to apply : Candidates are requested to fill out the online application correctly which is available on the NHSRC website (nhsrcindia.org). Applications will be accepted in the prescribed online application format only.
The last date for receiving applications is 5th December 2023.
Job Code : LC-CP/CPHC
See All Other Jobs in our Database