National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is an autonomous Institute under the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. NABI aims at catalyzing the transformation of the Agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organization for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food biotech innovations for improved household nutritional security. Since its inception in 2010, NABI is involved in research activities for Biofortification, the development of designer crops for improved nutrition, providing sustainable and novel solutions for quality food and nutrition, and the development of evidence-based functional foods to counter malnutrition.
The food and nutritional Biotechnology division at NABI requires the following research personnel purely on a temporary basis.
Post : Junior Research Fellow (One Position)
Project Title : Towards improving abiotic stress tolerance in crop plants. (NABI Core)
Principal Investigator : Prof. Ashwani Pareek, Executive Director.
Duration : The appointment will be initially for a period of one year. Further extension from 1st year to 2nd Year will be subject to submission of progress report submitted by selected candidate and satisfactory assessment remarks given by the reporting officer/ availability of funds. Up-gradation from JRF to SRF will be on the basis of the submission of a progress report and further assessment.
Essential Qualification : Postgraduate degree in Basic Science or Graduate / Post Graduate in the professional course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
a) Scholars are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR UGC NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
b) The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT,DAE,DOS,DRDO,MHRD,ICAR,ICMR,IIT,IISc,IISER, etc.
Desired Experience : Working knowledge with molecular biology, especially in genome editing tools with good research publications in reputed journals. Knowledge in crop breeding tools will also be appreciated.
Emoluments : 31,000/- PM Plus HRA
Age : 28 years (Relaxation is admissible in the case of SC/ST/OBC/PD and women candidates as per GOI instructions)
Kindly note the following important points (Application and selection process)
1. Kindly don’t send the hardcopy of the advertisement form.
2. Incomplete application forms and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
3. The applications should be submitted strictly as per the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the NABI website.
4. Kindly send complete filled application form through email only.
5. Kindly don’t send any document with application form. Candidates will be provisionally shortlisted on the basis of information given in the application form. All document related to eligibility i.e. Age, Educational Qualification, Experience etc. (in original) will be verified at later stage before issuing the offer/award letter.
6. No application form will be accepted after due date i.e. 22-11-2022.
7. Eligible candidates will be informed via e-mail for interview schedule.
8. Candidates should ensure that information mentioned in the application form is accurate. Once the application form is submitted no further request regarding any changes / information in the application form will be considered.
9. Eligible candidates will be interviewed through video conferencing mode by duly constituted selection committee.
10. Any changes in the last date for submission of application form, procedure for selection, important points etc. shall be available only in NABI website. Interested candidates may kindly see the NABI website before applying for the same.
All interested candidates should send completely filled application form (single adobe pdf file) available on institute website through email till 22-11-2022 on email id- email@example.com
• Applications sent without proper synopsis sheet will not be considered.
• The application form received after the last date will not be considered.
• Last date of Application submission – 22-11-2022 (17:30 hrs)
See All Other Jobs in our Database